Dynadot

discuss .bi for Business intelligence domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

monotheist

Established Member
Impact
Is there a possibility .bi will be used for business intelligence domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Definitely not, lol
okay sir. I take your assessment seriously. Would you be kind enough to give a rationale behind your assessment

•••
Not sure, maybe one can interpret it as Business Intelligence but it won't get mainstreamed like how .ai and .io has become for tech companies.

Similarly, folks thought .fi would be good for Fintech or DeFi companies but this didn't get widely accepted. So one can hope that .bi can catch up. Maybe after all the .ai hype is over (in a decade?) and people start using AI to come up with fine tuned niche based AI (it has already started) then maybe, just maybe, BI can see some light :D

•••
•••
Hi

.bi could stand for:
bisexual
Brake Installers
Broke Investors > when you invest in hype
Broke Individuals > "" ""
Brain Infection
Butt Injections
Biggie's Inventory

etc., etc.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Is there a possibility .bi will be used for business intelligence domains?

Not that I agree with this theory... but I'll note some developed .bi domains in the business intelligence field:

YellowFin.Bi redirects to YellowFinBi.com

Narrative.Bi no redirect as NarrativeBi.com is for sale

Eazy.Bi redirects to EazyBi.com

Easy.bi developed but EasyBi.com redirects to EazyBi.com

Grow.bi redirects to Grow.com

OdenBi.com redirects to Oden.Bi

Accounting.Bi
no redirect as AccountingBi.com is parked

Rocket.Bi no redirect as RocketBi.com for sale

SapiensBi.com redirects to Sapiens.Bi

Flex.Bi
no redirect as FlexBi.com for sale

Vanguard.Bi no redirect as VanguardBi.com parked

Atlas.Bi no redirect as AtlasBi.com for sale

Zebra.Bi redirects to ZebraBi.com

Banana.Bi no redirect as BananaBi.com is for sale

Solid.Bi redirects to SolidBi.com.br

Cache.bi no redirect as CacheBi.com parked

Last edited:
•••
Not that I agree with this theory... but I'll note some developed .bi domains in the business intelligence field:
Thanks. For the sake of completeness, you could also check the redirects to those companies originating from other ccTLDs. But I don't want to consume too much of your time today.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. For the sake of completeness, you could also check the redirects to those companies originating from other ccTLDs. But I don't want to consume too much of your time today.

???

Can you give an example of what you asking, I'm not sure I understand...

•••
Can you give an example of what you asking, I'm not sure I understand...
Many of these registrations with a redirect may constitute brand protection. I therefore suspect that these companies also have similar redirects from other (non .bi) ccTLDs. But I haven't researched this and it takes more time to do.

Last edited:
•••
Many of these registrations with a redirect may constitute brand protection. I therefore suspect that these companies also have similar redirects from other (non .bi) ccTLDs. But I haven't researched this and it takes more time to do.

Ahh good point, that may be applicable for Grow.bi redirecting to Grow.com and for @monotheist example of Ibm.bi redirecting to Ibm.com

But I don't believe that to be applicable for any of the other examples I noted.

Last edited:
•••
Just a Sunday brainwave of mine. Thanks for sharing 🫶

•••
•••
I actually wondered about the same question OP posed in the NamePros Blog article on superintelligence et al. a month or so ago.

Business intelligence is a well known and used term, as we saw above, that would fit .bi, but I don’t know if it has any actual use for that.

Thanks for the redirect research @Chris Hydrick.

Bob

•••
end users assign the definition. I see vision.bi and insights.bi and IBM.bi already using it for business intelligence

How exactly are they using it "for business intelligence"? I only see a redirect to ibm.com.
I used to have news.bi but it had zero traction and I decided to drop it as a part of wider "exotic" domain cuts. I can see it's still in the registry but might be dropping soon, fyi.

•••
How exactly are they using it "for business intelligence"?
Hi

good question!

seems like a redundant phrase when you already have > business smarts, business savvy, business techniques, business solutions, business strategies, etc.

though for domainers, it's another bandwagon extension to jump on and create some showcase threads to get a buzz.
however, for the registrars and registry, it's champagne bottle popping time.
:)

is there a .bs extension so i can reg a few?

imo.....

•••
is there a .bs extension so i can reg a few?

You're in luck, there is! It's a TLD for Bahamas and costs a measly $300 per annum. ;)

•••
.bi could stand for:
bisexual
This was my first thought as well. Bi is a very common abbreviation for bisexual.

You could always argue that it could stand for Business Intelligence or whatever. But I don't think most people would recognize it as such.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back