NameSilo

discuss .AI domains vs. -----AI.com domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

White Fang

CustomerService.comEstablished Member
Impact
The Domain King prefers LLLLAI.com over LLLL.AI Do you agree or disagree? Why or why not? Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The Domain King prefers LLLLAI.com over LLLL.AI Do you agree or disagree?
For investment purposes it's better because you're paying 7 times more for a .ai than you do for a .com. Which is also why I don't invest in .ai domains. They're just too expensive and the sales volume is too low.

The way I see it a lot of clients are using .ai domains as a stepping stone. So someone who uses example.ai will to upgrade to example.com once they've gotten the ball rolling.

But brand that include AI, such as Open AI, should use openai.com.

Last edited:
•••
I've sold a boatload of ai.com so my guess is - yes.

•••
Both have very high wholesale prices, so the real question is, can you even acquire such names at reasonable wholesale prices? If not, then you can't acquire either version anyway.

•••
i guess .ai sounds much better

•••
.ai domain names offer relevance, availability, and specificity, but they may lack global recognition and resale value. On the other hand, .com domain names provide global recognition, established branding, and high resale value, but they may be scarce and less specific to AI. Ultimately, the choice between .ai and .com depends on your investment goals, target audience, and branding strategy. It is a good idea to consider a combination of both for a diversified portfolio.

•••
.ai domain names offer relevance, availability, and specificity, but they may lack global recognition and resale value. On the other hand, .com domain names provide global recognition, established branding, and high resale value, but they may be scarce and less specific to AI. Ultimately, the choice between .ai and .com depends on your investment goals, target audience, and branding strategy. It is a good idea to consider a combination of both for a diversified portfolio.
Thanks, ChatGPT.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back