Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Have you ever?

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

wisconsin

Established Member
Impact
6
...let a domain expire to realize later on that it was registered by a big and well known company in all extentions, including other countries extensions?

It just happened to me and I am really not happy about it!

I'll get over it, I guess!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
May I ask what domain it is?
 
0
•••
I will disclose it later as it involves Microsoft!
 
0
•••
wisconsin said:
I will disclose it later as it involves Microsoft!

Seriously, Can you PM it to me? I wanna know!!!
 
0
•••
Version2 said:
Seriously, Can you PM it to me? I wanna know!!!

Same here!!! And no that has never happend to me :!:
 
0
•••
Version2 said:
Seriously, Can you PM it to me? I wanna know!!!


I am very serious and not happy about it! They registered everyone of them, including .jp and .ca

I am going to disclose it when time comes. I still even have the email from eNom.com reminding me to renew it but I was in Mexico and forgot! Shame on me! The reminder email was going to my yahoo email and I hardly open/read that one!

I guess I have not gotten over it, yet!
 
0
•••
Common, share it!! :lol:

I am absolutely dying to know!! :gl:
 
0
•••
Gotta share it now you said it has to do with Bill...
 
0
•••
come on, spill it! You're torturing me. Anything to do with Bill, I have to know.
 
0
•••
I am holding on disclosing the name as I am trying to see if I can still renew the .info.
I had .COM + .NET + .INFO

I lost the .com and .net but .info still showing my info in the whois but as expired, so I am trying with enom to see if I can renew it.
 
0
•••
wisconsin said:
...let a domain expire to realize later on that it was registered by a big and well known company in all extentions, including other countries extensions?
It just happened to me and I am really not happy about it!
I'll get over it, I guess!

No, never had that (as far as I know) but once I was gonna let expire a pair of two .COMs, and while they were in pending delete, Enom called (!) me asking if I had any plans to renew the domains (weird phonecall, that). So I figured I better say yes, and they said "Oh OK, never mind" and that was the end of the conversation.
So, then I figured "Hey, that's weird, why would they call me asking me that?", so I immediately renewed the names -which luckily was still possible- and then a couple of months later I sold the pair for a sum in the mid $xxxx after someone inquired about them, making me an offer.

That was cool! :D


Best,
Rob
 
0
•••
Prosperous said:
Enom called (!) me asking if I had any plans to renew the domains (weird phonecall, that). So I figured I better say yes, and they said "Oh OK, never mind" and that was the end of the conversation.

hahahaa, you sure it was eNom?
 
0
•••
Yes, unless the caller ID lied...



.
 
0
•••
Prosperous said:
wisconsin said:
...let a domain expire to realize later on that it was registered by a big and well known company in all extentions, including other countries extensions?
It just happened to me and I am really not happy about it!
I'll get over it, I guess!

No, never had that (as far as I know) but once I was gonna let expire a pair of two .COMs, and while they were in pending delete, Enom called (!) me asking if I had any plans to renew the domains (weird phonecall, that). So I figured I better say yes, and they said "Oh OK, never mind" and that was the end of the conversation.
So, then I figured "Hey, that's weird, why would they call me asking me that?", so I immediately renewed the names -which luckily was still possible- and then a couple of months later I sold the pair for a sum in the mid $xxxx after someone inquired about them, making me an offer.

That was cool! :D


Best,
Rob

I wish I had as much luck as you... I haven;t even sold a domain in the $xxxx range in my life. What do you do with that money? Reinvest or buy yourself something nice?
 
0
•••
trishan said:
Reinvest or buy yourself something nice?
In that particular case, I did both. :)


Best,
Rob
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back