NameSilo

GoDaddy Users, Think Long And Hard After Reading The Link...

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Dave_Z

Electrifying GuyTop Member
Impact
394
...I'll be posting:

http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=477562

I'm not posting this out of "hate" for Go Daddy. I know many people love to
use them, and I do respect what they've "achieved" by far.

But I strongly suggest you give it a really long and hard thought if ever you're
either going to use them or still use them, especially based on your plans.

To each his/her own.
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
im a godaddy user, thanks for the heads up
 
0
•••
I had a great experience last week after they charged me to renew one of my domains, and then let it expire. I called the lady and she put me on hold for 10 minutes and eventually hung up on me. :( I also read about them trying to shutdown the registry of the Torrent too, they are headed down hill.

I am done with Godaddy.

The 2nd call however the guy is kinda being stubborn..he just needs to send them an email but yet he continues in arguing with them.
 
Last edited:
1
•••
I read and listened to that problem earlier today, unfortunately like most things it's a two way street. I'm sure the people at Godaddy were doing what they thought was the right action to take at the time. There are certain ways to handle situations and the guy who called Godaddy did not handle himself or the situation correctly. Attacking people and acting rash is not the way to solve any problem and at the same time no customer support person should get into an argument with any customer. As the old saying goes sh*t happens..move on :)
 
1
•••
GoDaddy has taken it upon themselves to shut down domains upon any complaints of phishing,spamming, proxy sites or other illegal activities. Unforutnately it doesn't seem these complaints are very well investigated. IMHO, this is overstepping the role of registrar. This should be the responsibility of the hosting provider first and foremost, and only involve the registrar in extreme cases of abuse, where a host cannot or does not take action.
 
1
•••
-RJ- said:
GoDaddy has taken it upon themselves to shut down domains upon any complaints of phishing,spamming, proxy sites or other illegal activities. Unforutnately it doesn't seem these complaints are very well investigated.

AFAIK, They will go to your site and take a look before deciding whether you violated their TOS. And... non-English users: you are unlucky... They won't bother to use machinery translating services...

It seems Godaddy want to be a "high-price" enterprise in stock market by showing its responsibility in the field... like some mosquito-size companies in stock market...
 
1
•••
wow...
 
1
•••
I only buy domains from Godaddy through their loopholes. Other than that, nothing i could be proud of them.
 
1
•••
I have used GoDaddy for several years no without any problems at all, but I must admit that I just use them for trading and not any critical domains.

One question that crossed my mind was how would you have an ENTIRE data center rely on one domain ? Surely you would have alternative DNS systems in place or some sort of back up plan.

It is difficult to really comment on the problem without knowing the full story behind it, like when they received a warning before, how did they respond ?

I agree with RJ that I don't think registrars should take on the job of dealing with situations like this, it should be the hosting company .. Unless they do not co operate.

Anyway just my tuppence worth.

All the best.

Richard
 
1
•••
Jeffrey said:
I only buy domains from Godaddy through their loopholes. Other than that, nothing i could be proud of them.
Yay Gimme 5!
As long as they have loopholes, I will use them!
 
0
•••
Can't the domain in question simply be transfered to another registrar and
reactivated?
 
1
•••
Wow, i just read this and im literally speechless for once. To my understanding GoDaddy shutdown/took offline a domain that was the main domain for the datacenter and what they used for there DNS settings right? ok, after listening to that im amazed at how the guy stayed so calm, i could tell in his voice he was pissed, and rightly so. The customer support at GoDaddy seems to be a one man banned, the person at godaddy clearly said that "anymore calls will be directed to him" How can this be? thats not customer support thats a complete mockery of what customer support stands for. Im not sure about the US, but here in the UK the customer is ALWAYS right (unless proven not to be) and here in the UK GoDaddy would be in serious trouble, breaking the consumer act if im right. If i was the owner of the datacenter i would investigate this more and see how he can take action against GoDaddy, if i ever heard one of my staff talk to a customer like that, being combative, they would be fired right away, the staff are there to help, not to be complete assholes.

The guy said it was an emergency many time over, thats like a hospital saying "Sorry you cant have a baby now, we dont have the right people here to help" whats the point of customer service if there not helpfull

I would like to here a response from Mr Parsons, infact, might be a good idea to listen to his weekly radio show and send in or call in and ask a question.

Thank you

Sin
 
0
•••
I totally feel for this guy as I've been in a similiar situation before with my webhosting company. These guy's are just plain lazy and they don't realize how this is damaging his hosting company severly.

First of all, never trust a domain registrar with hosting... Thats what I say, Godaddy may be good with domains be as they have showed here they certainly don't know much about hosting.

I hope you can get things sorted man! :tu:
 
1
•••
Well - I've been slowly moving away from them over the last year or so - I will continue to use a WWD Reseller some .... But haven't been impressed by Godaddy itself at all. I'd rather pay a few more bucks any day than go through that rediculous checkout anyway ;)
 
0
•••
Wow, I have a very critical domain at Godaddy. It hosts 4 school districts. This thread has made me very nervous and scared. I also have some premium names there i have for sale. For a person like me what would you guy's suggest? what is the best registrar to move to? also if i move my domain will that bring down my dns etc...?
 
1
•••
Zinc said:
Can't the domain in question simply be transfered to another registrar and reactivated?

Not if the registrar sees the domain name as having violated any term of their
service agreement.

dawg said:
Wow, I have a very critical domain at Godaddy. It hosts 4 school districts. This thread has made me very nervous and scared. I also have some premium names there i have for sale. For a person like me what would you guy's suggest? what is the best registrar to move to? also if i move my domain will that bring down my dns etc...?

First, evaluate what you've got. Second, compare those against Go Daddy's,
ask them specific questions if you have to.

Third, be prepared to move them out if their answers don't "please" you. But
whom to transfer, you'll have to do a little more checking around.

One reality here is that, more often than not, you just have to follow what
the registrar says in order to resolve your issue, no matter how absurd or darn
stupid it may sound or appear. After that, though, transfer away.
 
0
•••
Dave Zan said:
Not if the registrar sees the domain name as having violated any term of their
service agreement.



First, evaluate what you've got. Second, compare those against Go Daddy's,
ask them specific questions if you have to.

Third, be prepared to move them out if their answers don't "please" you. But
whom to transfer, you'll have to do a little more checking around.

One reality here is that, more often than not, you just have to follow what
the registrar says in order to resolve your issue, no matter how absurd or darn
stupid it may sound or appear. After that, though, transfer away.

Hey Dave Zan,

Good to see you, I haven't seen you in a while. I was gone for a year. I understand what you are saying, I appreciate your reply.
 
0
•••
Wow Im speechless. That phone conversation was just pathetic. I may have to find a new registrar now. GoDaddy = :td:
 
1
•••
Use Moniker.com. PM me if your interested.
 
0
•••
Seems like GD just got themselves a classaction lawsuit. This could very well destroy that DC's business I would imagine the damages could be astounding for that alone. Then the hundreds if not thousands of others who lost business.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back