NameSilo

Tough One: Pending Delete Times...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Guys & Girls,

Just wanted to find out what time zone deletions are based on?
I have a domain name that has just gone into "pending delete" and I'm trying to guess when it will come out of it's deletion cycle.

My first guess would be between 11:59PM & Midnight, Eastern Standard time?
Is this right, or is there a specific time of the day that domain names drop? (I've heard 6:30 EST as well.)

Is it always exactly 5 days from the time it goes into "Pending Delete"? or is it based on the individual registrar?
Sorry for the 20 questions, but I've searched low and high for this info with no luck.

Thanks,
Opal

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
5 days as pending then deleted on the 6th.
Delete time is 6 pm GMT.

•••
thanks bud.

GMT appears to be 4 hours in front of EST, which makes 2pm the correct time (EST).

•••
2pm is pretty much the time

•••
have any of you guys ever had any experience manually beating snapnames?

The domain I want has already got a snap on it (I'm aware of the other services like namewinner, dropwizard, etc).

Just wanted to give it a go manually to see how good/bad the snapnames system is.

•••
I tried over 50 times - only once did I beat snapnames and the rest. Best way is to NOT stick to any one registrar and use as many as you can. At the drop open each in a window then click away.

These days it is getting much harder with UltSearch and BuyDomains going full steam - but it can be done.

•••
DotComster is correct! It is 2:00 p.m. EST, as well.
I'm not sure if this helps or not, but Namewinner has been pretty good to me lately.
Good Luck with your grabs.
B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back