IT.COM

discuss Exploring the Potential of .ml Domains: A Thread on Machine Learning Extensions.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pusang Gala

NoyPi DomainerTop Member
Impact
Hi folks!

Share your thoughts on the potential of .ml extensions in the tech space. Despite being one of the most abused TLDs, some are investing in it. Is it due to the association with machine learning, mirroring the rise of .ai for artificial intelligence?

Will .ml become synonymous with machine learning websites? Predictions, opinions, and speculations are welcome 😃.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MarkMonitor Inc. currently have 33 .HORSE domains.
CSC Corporate Domains have around 14.
————
MarkMonitor Inc. have 322 .ML domains (clocking up to 25% of the number of MarkMonitor's .AI's...)
CSC Corporate Domains have around 211.

Do the math. Then ask ChatGPT why .ML may be trending.

It is not .AI - but it's not down there with .Horse
They are 3 different animals.

I disagree. Do your DD on those MLs and you know why.

Why ask ai? It gets fed by the same nonsense that's feeding domainers into thinking some losing extensions are the next big thing.

Its like a self for filling prophecy. ML is crap. 100%.

•••
On the chance of derailing the thread, people bet/rely too much on ai. As it is, its performing subpar and I'm not slightly impressed by the accuracy of whatever it spits out.

It helps Automation, but that's just about it.

Factoring in the funds used to make that happen, i'm not impressed at all.

•••
•••
Domaim trends can change ovr time, and perceptions about domain extensions can evolve. While .ml may curtrently have a mixed reputation, the rapid advancements in machine learning could shift its value and relevance, much like what we witnessed with .xyz.
Regarding AI and its outputs, it's crucial to remember that AI is a tool and not infallible. It provides insights based on patterns in the data it's trained on. The skepticism around AI-generated information is understandable, but dismissing the potential of .ml based solely on historical performance might overlook the dynamic nature of tech adoption and market trends. Ultimately, the debate around .ml's potential is part of a broader conversation about how emerging technologies influence domain value. The future may hold unexpected shifts, and being open to these possibilities can sometimes yield surprising opportunities.,

Last edited:
•••
On the chance of derailing the thread, people bet/rely too much on ai. As it is, its performing subpar and I'm not slightly impressed by the accuracy of whatever it spits out.

It helps Automation, but that's just about it.

Factoring in the funds used to make that happen, i'm not impressed at all.

While it's true that AI currently has limitations in accuracy, the advancements witnessed in just the past 18 months are significant. This rapid progress suggests a promising future. Industry analysts predict a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 35%- 42% for AI/ML, indicating continued expansion in the coming years. Recent funding fluctuations may pose temporary challenges, and not all AI-related ventures will secure investment. However, the core potential of AI and machine learning technologies remains undeniable, and they are poised to play a vital role in shaping the future. The observed applications of this extension beyond its core machine learning function is encouraging. It suggests broader potential, and close monitoring of this segment for future developments is warranted.

Last edited:
•••
I'll add this and then shut up, .ml is just as flawed as AI is atm.

Don't fall for it. Dot ML will never be a recognised tld and is most certainly not worth investing in.

Just basic common sense.

•••
Lol .ml certainly not in the same category as .horse.

I agree... Lower category as its tainted by spam, scams, spoofing and what else.

•••
My final words, for real. You guys should really read up on .ml, it's history, it's owners. Just because you came up with the illusion that it might be a fitting abbreviation for something which is ( to be bebated) trending doesn't make it worthwhile investing in.

Dot ml never had and never will have a future.

•••
The ML space seems to be heating up (thanks to the Elephant in the room, AI).
Thanks for sharing.
Like, burning up? Into a cold sputtering ember

Srsly guys you're reaching I can't even think of a proper acronym and I promise you machine learning isn't it. A handful of multi-million/billion dollar corps buy into every ccTLD imaginable for brand protection or geo-centric purposes but it's no proper investment gauge.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back