IT.COM

Yahoo/Bing AdSense Equivalent?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Yes...yes...I understand fully that this query has likely been made ten-to-the-ninth times already, but I can't seem to locate the Yahoo &/or Bing equivalent of AdSense. Info on both has probably been right in front of me, but it just doesn't register.

Thanks...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dated March 2010:

Yahoo (NSDQ: YHOO) will cease to operate its Publisher Network, according to a memo obtained by paidContent (after the jump). Instead, Yahoo is suggesting that the content providers in the Publisher Network use Chitika, an ad net that syndicates Yahoo Content Match and Sponsored Search products. Chitika has set up a special process for the Publisher Net beta testers to participate in its platform...

http://paidcontent.org/article/419-...lone-publisher-network-handed-off-to-chitika/

•••
Yep - Yahoo used to have YPN (Yahoo Publisher Network) - it closed about a year ago and they steered all their publishers towards Chitika. Chitika is a contextual ad platform, but it's not exactly the same. I tried it a while back and wasn't impressed, but maybe things have changed...

Bing does not currently have an Adsense equivalent. MSN Adcenter (for advertisers) is like Adwords but ads are only displayed for Bing search results.

•••
Yep - Yahoo used to have YPN (Yahoo Publisher Network) - it closed about a year ago and they steered all their publishers towards Chitika. Chitika is a contextual ad platform, but it's not exactly the same. I tried it a while back and wasn't impressed, but maybe things have changed...

Bing does not currently have an Adsense equivalent. MSN Adcenter (for advertisers) is like Adwords but ads are only displayed for Bing search results.

Actually, Microsoft and Yahoo partnered up. So adCenter will actually display ads on both Bing and yahoo.

•••
Actually, Microsoft and Yahoo partnered up. So adCenter will actually display ads on both Bing and yahoo.

I should have said "Bing search and search partners."

•••
Sorry for Delay

Thanks to all who responded. I had a hideous emergency to cope with these past ten days and had no chance to say Thank You, earlier.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back