NameSilo

The .xyz registry seems quite influential

Spaceship
Watch

789.xyz

Established Member
Impact
Just discovered that all platform accounts of the XYZ Domain Registry are XYZ.
Also have xyz .com, xyz .xyz in hand.
twitter .com/xyz
instagram .com/xyz
facebook .com/xyz
threads .net/@xyz

There are often high-priced transactions involving the Indian queen Swetha on the xyz platform, and online rumors suggest that this might be orchestrated by the xyz registry itself. For instance, the $100,000 sale of SPORTSBET .XYZ in May 2022 seems quite suspicious. Given the xyz registry's influence, this kind of speculation could very well be true.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just switching between Dan, Afternic, and Efty landers every few days.
Is this an effective strategy to increase sales for .xyz or even any other domain? Or does Google stop indexing them or even potentially adds them to the spam list after a while?

Compared to other non-legacy tlds, .xyz seems to have had more prominence on the web. Do frequent DNS changes help? Improves ranking, maybe, in some cases?

•••
You can do it individually (assuming you have the links ready), but for 20,000 domains that's not feasible.

Bulk edit. 3 seconds. I can’t take you seriously if you don’t understand this basic element of domain management.

But we're specifically talking Swetha's sales. If renewal prices don't matter that much then there was no reason for you to even question the renewal price of boss.xyz as a reason for why it sold for $1,125 when halo.xyz sold for $85,000.

Boss was a sedo auction which are generally more wholesale than retail.

She doesn't own the best names, she owns some good names. 20,000 isn't a lot in this context.

The simple fact that she has sold more names to crypto companies than anyone else proves my point.

The fact that you still don’t understand the difference between wholesale and retail markets is quite amusing.

•••
Is this an effective strategy to increase sales for .xyz or even any other domain? Or does Google stop indexing them or even potentially adds them to the spam list after a while?

Compared to other non-legacy tlds, .xyz seems to have had more prominence on the web. Do frequent DNS changes help? Improves ranking, maybe, in some cases?

Some potential buyers either manually visit the website or setup alerts for Whois/DNS changes. It’s common knowledge in the domain world that changing nameservers from time to time triggers a flurry of visits/enquiries.

•••
Some potential buyers either manually visit the website or setup alerts for Whois/DNS changes. It’s common knowledge in the domain world that changing nameservers from time to time triggers a flurry of visits/enquiries.
I was not aware of that and makes sense.
I always get sales which of course abandon on Sedo after adding them on - but I don't use their NS but do have a txt DNS

Maybe I should move them more. Will give it a go

Really not sure about this anti-Swetha bias/hatred just because she is doing so well - well above these men.

•••
I was not aware of that and makes sense.
I always get sales which of course abandon on Sedo after adding them on - but I don't use their NS but do have a txt DNS

Maybe I should move them more. Will give it a go

Really not sure about this anti-Swetha bias/hatred just because she is doing so well - well above these men.
Well, perhaps that is one of her winning strategies.

And I will always admire the fact that, as a female domainer, Swetha really has made tremendous progress in what seems to be an otherwise male-dominated field.

•••
Well, perhaps that is one of her winning strategies.

I just randomly checked a few of her names and yes she is likely doing this on the entire portfolio as a very deliberate strategy.

•••
I just randomly checked a few of her names and yes she is likely doing this on the entire portfolio as a very deliberate strategy.
Wow! So frequent marketplace rotation may be partly why .xyz has been so influential? In some respects, doesn't thsat force them to compete with one another?

Think about it. If any one given marketplace wants to have as many of a domain seller's listings, they would know that they need to make the sales happen to get more "DNS" exposure from that individual?

That seems to be a very powerful strategy. Otherwise, if a domain seller purely commits to one marketplace for an extended period of time, then the motivation for that platform to make the sale is less. After all, wouldn't the traffic generated to their marketplace be potentially more valuable than the actual commission from a sale?

Thanks, Kyle, for checking!

•••
It also lowers your payment risk as you’ve got money coming in from different places.

•••
Rotation 1 of my NS experiment has begun

•••
Rotation 1 of my NS experiment has begun
So now you can see if this makes YOU more influential!

It would be curious to see if successful .xyz sellers in general have used a similar DNS-rotation strategy, and with what marketplaces.

•••
It would be curious to see if successful .xyz sellers in general have used a similar DNS-rotation strategy, and with what marketplaces.

This isn't an xyz thing :xf.wink:

•••
So now you can see if this makes YOU more influential!

I am influential dammit!!!

I checked with my wife - I am allowed to say that!

•••
There is one thing that I am certain of, and that is that .XYZ domain names are utter 💩 and generally dealt with by cry babies. Most names are spam.

Just my honest opinion and two cents regarding the influence of XYZ and their domains.

Have a great day one and all 👍

Last edited:
•••
There is one thing that I am certain of, and that is that .XYZ domain names are utter 💩 and generally dealt with by cry babies.

Just my honest opinion and two cents regarding the influence of XYZ and their domains.

Have a great day one and all 👍
What an amazing generalisation about a tld!
How do people get so emotive over tlds?

•••
What an amazing generalisation about a tld!
How do people get so emotive over tlds?
Check spam stats and XYZ always features. Nobody trusts it. It's doo doo central.

The second thing is absolutely and utterly true, just look at this thread.

•••
•••
•••
Outside .com .net and uk they are all much of a muchness. The cheaper the tld the more the spam.

•••
I am influential dammit!!!

I checked with my wife - I am allowed to say that!
Ok, I meant even more influential!:xf.wink:

Very basic question:

If the NameServers are frequently changed, can that have a negative impact on the domain ratings? Is there a risk of being considered spam? Any other concerns with implementing such a strategy?

And if many domains owners in .xyz or another tld do these frquent NS changes, is there any risk the tld spam rating is impacted. Or is the spam rating really only referable to malicious content?

Last edited:
•••
Ok, I meant even more influential!:xf.wink:

Very basic question:

If the NameServers are frequently changed, can that have a negative impact on the domain ratings? Is there a risk of being considered spam? Any other concerns with implementing such a strategy?

And if many domains owners in .xyz or another tld do these frquent NS changes, is there any risk the tld spam rating is impacted. Or is the spam rating really only referable to malicious content?
I can't see why it should - most spam ratings are:
1. Moz spam scores regarding spammy links (useless metric)
2. Spam emails from the TLD - which is what the metric above is about - because it is so cheap it is used more often in spams/scams

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back