advice Hyphens in Numerical Domains?

Watch
I'm not seeing any information on whether or not Chinese investors like or dislike hyphens in numerical domains.

My guess is "not." (As a general rule)

One website noted that a hyphen is merely a connector, but that had to do with pinyin (Romanized Chinese words).

In the U.S., I have seen a lot of hyphenated telephone number domains (NNN-NNN-NNNN); I haven't really checked out too many others (except shorties, for example, I have 1-2-5 and 1-25, and even these types are debated).

So Chinese Namepro'ers, what are your thoughts on all repeating lucky numerals divided by hyphens?

For example, NNN-NNN, N-NN-NNN, NNN-NN-NNN, NNN-NNN-NNN?

Bad? Good? Indifferent?

I have only one of these long ones, so I can take it, no matter the answer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would suggest only n-n is where there may be real interest, they seem to "drop off" pretty quickly, i would rather short mixed LLNN's

•••
if you were to go down this road the pattern would have to be even, 1-1-1

•••
I don't think Chinese like hyphenated numerics.

We get to know everyday that Chinese picked 4N,5N,6N and even 9N for high prices.. even when there are 100 + N-N-N.com available to registered at regular prices.

If hyphenated numerics had value N-N-N.com must have seen a buyout by now.

•••
I tend to agree; I won't be going down this road again.

:)

•••
some folk here like em, consider an auction if the numbers are any good?

•••
•••
•••
Instead of investing in hyphenated domains , invest in 6n which you can flip quite easily.

•••
•••
•••
I don't think Chinese like hyphenated numerics.

We get to know everyday that Chinese picked 4N,5N,6N and even 9N for high prices.. even when there are 100 + N-N-N.com available to registered at regular prices.

If hyphenated numerics had value N-N-N.com must have seen a buyout by now.

It is true that ca. 100 N-N-N.com are still left. However, it is worth mentioning that there are no N-N-N.com available for handreg whithout "4", all have been registered.

And with regard to remainign N-N-N.com (all containing "4"), based on recent trend, it may be reasonably expected that they will be registered soon.

•••
It is true that ca. 100 N-N-N.com are still left. However, it is worth mentioning that there are no N-N-N.com available for handreg whithout "4", all have been registered.

And with regard to remainign N-N-N.com (all containing "4"), based on recent trend, it may be reasonably expected that they will be registered soon.
I have sold 5N with 4 in it for mid $$$ each.. if N-N-N had value those 100 with 4's in it have registered way back. when only investment is $8-9 each.

With the increase in demand overall in numeric domains , I have seen numeric domain sale even in new gtlds.

Its important how you see your investments.. Are you ready to wait for 3-4 years or even more to get a decent return with not 100% guarantee that they will sell.

If you ask my suggestion , I will say instead of investing hyphenated domains , invest in those domains which you can sell immediately.

One thing if you have any special pattern then go for it even with N-N-N like 8-8-8 , 7-7-7 or 1-2-3 or 6-5-4

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back