IT.COM

.us .com, .net and .org being beat by .us and .info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-OutlawBiker-

Name Cartels - Mr PINKEstablished Member
Impact
If the .com crowd thinks investments in .info or .us are a waste of money, why does it appear that the returns on investment in these two late comers over the last two years appear to be returning better numbers?

My own experience (and those of others) has documented that a lot of tier 1 info and us extensions are now fetching 10 or 20+ times their original investment in under 2 years. Now show me some tier 1 coms, nets or orgs (other than a rare lucky snap) that have done the same? Many here believe that the run up on the new extensions is just starting, and will continue over the next two years to the detriment of com and net. For pure domain speculation, $50k invested in tier 1 .us or .infos over the last year or two has proved to be a much more profitable venture than most any com, and things are just starting to heat up.

Riddle me that one Bat-man

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like it when speculators spend all their money on .BIZ and .US and .INFO

It leaves them less cash to compete with me in the .COM space!

;)

•••
DotComCowboy, that's true wisdom, if only the rest could see, but then why would we want them to? Keep spending your money OutlawBiker, all you need is $8 and a dream.

Don

•••
I don't have any facts or figures but I do know that if I asked someone in the street if they would rather a .com or a .biz, I am pretty sure which one they would take.

•••
Tier 1 .us or .infos pretty much were taken in the landrushes over the last couple years. Costs were around the $50 or lower mark (on average) even taking into account pre-reg fees. So all we would have to be seeing now are prices in the $500 to $1000 for these to match my conservative estimates of 10 to 20 times your money. In fact my experience has been better than that for sales, more closer to 30 to 40 times your money. We don't have to see any 6 figure sales to make this claim as opposed to tier 1 .coms.

I'm not talking traffic here, or even development, I'm talking pure domain speculation. My experience with the .us extension has reflected somewhat lower multiples, but over a shorter time frame. I can still document sales at over 40 times the initial landrush costs that are not listed in this forum, and the trend is up.

Can anyone show me a few .coms that can reflect anywhere near those kind of multiples? Again, I make the observation that tier 1 .us and .info names have outperformed tier 1 .coms on resale multiples over the last couple years. As far as pure tier 1 domain speculation is concerned, they were the BEST place to have invested your money.

•••
Good points Biker. I can't dispute it one bit that those who got in early on .us and .info with tier 1 domains have have awesome increase in the value of their domains. It obviously was the best place to have invested money two years ago.

How about for those that are now latecomers to the .us and .info namespace? Would you still advise that .us and .info are the best places to put their investments in? What tier of names should we target now?

•••
To OutLawBiker:

Please don't try to convince or persuade or even let anybody
know about your profits and investments concerning the .us and .info tld's. Let's just keep it "hush-hush" until we've grabbed all the good names.
I tried to convince some about the .org tld as well, but you know how the ".com lovers" are.......

:talk: .com this .com that .com .com .com

•••
Originally posted by biggie
To OutLawBiker:

Please don't try to convince or persuade or even let anybody
know about your profits and investments concerning the .us and .info tld's. Let's just keep it "hush-hush" until we've grabbed all the good names.
I tried to convince some about the .org tld as well, but you know how the ".com lovers" are.......

:talk: .com this .com that .com .com .com

Agree Biggie! There are very good .ORG names dropping daily :)

•••
Originally posted by DrWho
Agree Biggie! There are very good .ORG names dropping daily :)

Not any more. PIR instituted their 30-day Redemption Grace Period June 7, so .ORG drops have ended. When they resume next month it will be interesting to see if they continue dropping them at random times, or go to set drop times like Verisign does with .com and .net. If it is a set time then the days of hand regging good names are over as all of the drop catching services will direct their resources toward the good .org drops. If they remain random, then we will still have a chance to keep snagging bargains.

•••
Originally posted by Duke
Not any more. PIR instituted their 30-day Redemption Grace Period June 7, so .ORG drops have ended. When they resume next month it will be interesting to see if they continue dropping them at random times, or go to set drop times like Verisign does with .com and .net. If it is a set time then the days of hand regging good names are over as all of the drop catching services will direct their resources toward the good .org drops. If they remain random, then we will still have a chance to keep snagging bargains.
:'(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back