Domain Empire

Yahoo/Google Too similar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Y4h00 sux0r, g00gl3 r0x0r. :) D-:

•••
the search results are different.

•••
95% of search engines are like that......

You might as well say that everyone who owns a tv is too similar to everyone else who owns a tv.

•••
Not all results are the same, but I know what you mean in terms of having some of same results.

•••
No, he means the similar design !

•••
I believe yahoo search is powered by google

•••
ichibaka said:
I believe yahoo search is powered by google
I believe that was the case before but it stopped. Yahoo decided to stop because they figured out that pay per click advertising on search results is a big moneymaker so they developed their own search engine(with their own pay per click ad program)

•••
No the searches are different. Use to be the same, however.

•••
in case you didn't know

ok in case you didn't know, yahoo bought the search software from google (or it may have been vise-versa). I know this is a fact for two reasons. Long ago you could get to yahoo search by going to google.yahoo.com which is now disabled. They never advertised that because it was still in beta stages, I also know that becuase I have a friend who works for southwestern bell. southwestern bell owns part of yahoo and they know everything that goes on with yahoo.

I have had this confirmed, so I know it is correct.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back