IT.COM

What are your thoughts/feelings about the whole war situation?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What do you think of the whole war situation that is going on in the middle east?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think we're being misinformed alot. I do think Saddam Hussein is an evil evil man, but North Korea poses a much greater threat.

1. We're being told often by Bush that Iraq works with Al Quaeda.

There are alot of problems with this. The Al Quaeda is just as anti-Hussein as they are anti-American.

2. We're told that Hussein is doing evil things in the name of Islam.

Hussein's regime is moderate when it comes to religion. He even has christians and non-religious in his regime. This is one of the reasons the Al Quaeda(who want a united Islam state) are against his regime.

3. Often what Bush says is supporting terror is misleading.

The Iraqi regime donated foreign aid to the families of those Palistinians who have died in scurmishes with Israel. This included suicide bombers. Before we point the finger at Iraq for this, we have to realize that many other nations did the same, including Saudi Arabia, who we have allied with.

4. Saddam used weapons of mass destruction on his own people.

Sort of. It was heinous either way, but he actually poisoned the norther kurds, who his regime has no control over. Not only did we supply them with these chemical weapons, but our government told the media for many years that it was Iran that made the attack on the Kurds.

Overall, I feel that if we were to end Hussein's regime, we'd only be giving Iraq to extremist Islam, as the northern Kurds(the group that actually has contact with Al Quaeda) are poised and ready to take over, be it democratically or otherwise.

If we really want to fend off terrorism, the place to look is our dear allies Saudi Arabia. Most of the funding for the Al Quaeda comes from them along with a large number of their troops. A large majority of the pilots on 9/11 also were from Saudi Arabia.
:(

•••
Pistol makes a good point with everything he says.
All i gotta say is that i'm as Anti Bush as i am Anti Bin Laden and Anti Hussian.

•••
This all went from a war against The Al Quaeda and terrorism, to now wanting to finish a job that his father failed to do when he was in office.
If you remember, the United States had the opportunity to end Saddam's reign in office during the Gulf War, but refused to do so, due to the fact that Saddam had a human chain of women and children protecting the building that led to the underground tunnels that he created to escape capture. Troops were told not to take innocent lives, so there for Saddam escaped.

The United States has always went to the aid of those countries who were having difficulties with other countries, instead of minding our own business. When 9-11 occured, yes most countries said "you have our full support", but how many of them actually followed through with their word? Yet we had our own problems going on here, but our President was tryin to solve the whole Isreal problem. So yet again the United States stuck their nose in.

I mean we have the National Debt, how many times have you honestly heard that the National Debt has dropped? Why are there so many people in the United States jobless and on Federal assistance? These are issues that we need to worry about. Yes I know that there is a possiblity that the United States could fall victim of Chemical Warfare, but why risk the lives of our soldiers to finish a job that his father failed to do during the Gulf War?

•••
agrees with what pistol said and bobbi said. there is nothing for me on a personal note to add.

•••
"My Bush doesn't Declare War"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back