IT.COM

.tv .tv domains at GreatDomains...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

REM503

Account Closed
Impact
I am pretty new to the world of domain names and would like to hear some opinions on the .tv extension. Obviously, I know all things being equal that domains with the .tv extension are not as valuable as those ending with .com or .net. I am just wondering how much less they are worth. If a good, one word domain name has a .tv extension, would it be worth around 20% of what it would be worth if it had a .com extension? 10%?

I looked at some of the listings on GreatDomains with the .tv extension and am wondering if many of those names sell at the prices they are listed at, or will they sell for dramatically less when all is said and done? For example, barbeques.tv is listed at $10,000. How much would you guess that name will actually sell for? Here is a link to the page I was looking at:

http://www.greatdomains.com/en-def-ee01b7c7f4fa/domain_browse_tv.shtml

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am just wondering how much less they are worth. If a good, one word domain name has a .tv extension, would it be worth around 20% of what it would be worth if it had a .com extension? 10%?

I think a good one word .tv is worth 10-30% to it's .com version

looked at some of the listings on GreatDomains with the .tv extension and am wondering if many of those names sell at the prices they are listed at, or will they sell for dramatically less when all is said and done?

According to Plasma.tv owner, who happens to be a fellow NPer, Plasma.tv sold about 50% less of his asking price so therefore, I believe that thoes front prices are extremely higher to the actual price that was paid for a real sale.

I also believe that Greatdomains is just "overpricing" a .tv name. Thus, lots of people believe that a .tv is much as worth as a .com .. increaseth public/market appeal.

Greatdomains and .TV registry are both Verisign owned.

Welcome to Namepros REM503 :wave:

•••
Greatdomains overprices all of their listings. Why? Because of the cut they receive from a sale.

•••
there is no value, unless they make you believe it

•••
Yeah I'd have to agree, unless they pull you into buying such a domain extension.

•••
i guess i have to disagree to both statements above;

a GOOD .tv has some above $0.00 worth than nothing

i.e.
how much would you sell these if they were yours?

1. sex.tv
2. email.tv
3. web.tv
5. toy.tv

etc etc...

????

•••
Hi, I sold plasma.tv at greatdomains.com, listing price was 30k which I sold it for 20k.
I think a good .tv domain for a multimedia content website would be very valuable, maybe less than .com version, but much higher than any other extetions.
However the pricing policy of www.tv just kills the .tv aftermarket that www.tv just doesn't want too many domain speculators(cybersquatters) involve into .tv market I think, so their pricing target is aiming to END USERS who can pay the high reg fee.

•••

Last edited:
•••
where is the cheapest place to reg a .tv

•••
where is the cheapest place to reg a .tv

I have not searched all around for the lowest price, however GoDaddy.com is the lowest I have seen at $34.95. It is $50+ at most websites, so you save around 30% at GoDaddy.com. There may be a cheaper price someplace else, but I am guessing GoDaddy is at least very close to the best price you will find.

•••
•••
Worth it

yesonline said:
Hi, I sold plasma.tv at greatdomains.com, listing price was 30k which I sold it for 20k.
I think a good .tv domain for a multimedia content website would be very valuable, maybe less than .com version, but much higher than any other extetions.
However the pricing policy of www.tv just kills the .tv aftermarket that www.tv just doesn't want too many domain speculators(cybersquatters) involve into .tv market I think, so their pricing target is aiming to END USERS who can pay the high reg fee.

I would say the .tv was worth it for you!!!!
Frank

•••
•••
TV will have some potential if:
it stand for television
TV telecom and network come to unified :wave:

•••
.TV is going to be popular. The next generation TVs are going to be web based.
I recently saw some ADs in Google regarding web-tv viewer softwares specially designed for TV channels.

Most of the popular channels have their .TV sites up and running already. Checkout www.tv for more details....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back