Domain Empire

Pop-up hijacker snares Web victims

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
(Reuters) -- If pop-up advertisements are swamping your screen when surfing the Internet, you may have GAIN or GAIN-type software on your computer.

GAIN, which stands for Gator Advertising & Information Network, is a major annoyance for many computer users. And, in many cases, you may not realize you have the program installed.

Read full story here:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/...king/index.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah. this company has been getting away with it for years. they've survived many lawsuits and many complaints to the better bussiness bureau. i remember someone installed their software on the company computers once when i was working at the isp. what an annoyance.

•••
I think Gator should be banned from the internet!

•••
If you find the software on your computer and you didn't download it on purpose(god knows why you would), complain to the better bussiness bureau. This shouldnt get you far, but hey, worth a try.

If you own a webpage which makes money from advertising and you have proof that gator has been stealing your adspace, sue them!

To get rid of this company, you need to take action.

•••
Yea, gain has found its way onto my computer many times, stupid sister downloading stupid software, i blame her.

•••
Well I think that gain and bonzi buddy both should be banned from the internet, I mean if people wanted to download those two crappy things they would take the time out to do so, but instead they have that crap rigged to download to your computer without warning, and I Detest that crap!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back