IT.COM

New blocker lets you bill the spammer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What do you guys think about this?

An Australian entrepreneur has created what may be the first antispam service that lets its users charge for the privilege of sending them e-mail.
The concept has been discussed in technology circles for the better part of a decade, but Sydney resident Bernard Palmer, 59, has decided to try to turn the concept into a business. "Spammers aren't going to be sending many spams to you if you charge them 50 cents," Palmer said. "A spam would cost them $2 million."

Palmer's service, which he plans to announce on Thursday, is called CashRamSpam.com. After people pay $36 with a credit card to sign up for a CashRamSpam account, users may set their contact fee to be anywhere from a few pennies to as high as they think anyone would be willing to pay.

Read Full Story Here:

http://msn.com.com/2100-1105-985175.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That would be cool! I would love to be able to charge money for each email I received that I didn't want. Just send me lots of email that I don't want lol. :D

It's a good idea I suppose, but well I just don't think it would actually work, but you never know.

•••
lol it would be nice to get 2 million dollars for each spam e-mail, I'm sure that alot of us would never work again. My yahoo account gets at least 50 spam mails a day for things that are just stupid.

•••
I've never got spam, honestly, i'm not blowing smoke up your *ss. I set my filters, and I have a seperate account for signing up for stuff. Never had a problem with it.

This program is a variation of one Bill Gates wrote an essay on quite a while back. In the version he envisioned, everyone who sends you an email will be charged, but if you wanted the email, you'd drop the charges. Of course, every time I got an e-mail from someone, I'd have to ask myself "How much is this friendship worth? hmmmmm....."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back