IT.COM

Music industry site hacked again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The parent of the KaZaA song-swapping service counter-sued the industry late Monday in the same Los Angeles federal court that is hearing the industry's suit against KaZaA, whose users can download digital songs, movies, and other files for free.

Meanwhile, technicians for the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) struggled to restore the trade group's Web site after a hacking attack knocked it offline last Friday.

Read Full Story here:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/01/29/hack.music.reut/index.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wish i knew where Kazaa had their headquaters, because i want to know why the hell they put spyware in their program...

Everyone, use Kazaalite. http://www.kazaalite.com

•••
I've heard of people getting things like gator installed on their computers while using kazza. That's enough for me to not ever want to try it.

•••
I used gator back in the day, it made me forget all my passwords after i uninstalled it... i hate gator, death to gator. Gator and Bonzi Buddy should try to eat eachother.

•••
I hate gator too. I once was browsing a web site and suddenly got a little message prompt telling me thank you for dowloading and installing the gator software and agreeing to our terms of service. And I didn't agree to nothing or download nothing they just planted it on my computer. Oh Well they got sued good for their illegal and unethical advertising practices!

•••
The same has happened to me before as well, but more so with that bonzi buddy crap. There is no option to download either of them, they just attach themselves to your computer or something, and I think that anyone who puts programs on pages so that they automatically download to another persons computer should be hit by the almighty hard drive crash. ;)

•••
I can think of a reason why they put spyware in their program.
Same reason dow corning didn't reveal that their silicone breast implants cause desease before it was too late. Same reason Enron lied about it's loss of profit. Good old fashioned corporate greed. ;)

•••
I have never used Kazaa, or Kazaa lite. I used audiogalaxy, before they closed them down, or what ever happened there.

Have they opened up audiogalaxy again or does anyone know?

•••
no clue. I haven't even heard of them.

•••
Originally posted by pistol
I can think of a reason why they put spyware in their program.
Same reason dow corning didn't reveal that their silicone breast implants cause desease before it was too late. Same reason Enron lied about it's loss of profit. Good old fashioned corporate greed. ;)

Corporate Greed. Exactly!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back