Domain Empire

Movies about domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wanted to ask you friends is there any documental or biographical movies about domain names!?

I know about Social Network etc but it is about website!

And how about domain names? When try to search in G I see only (.movies) in search results

Any ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Startup.com is a good movie not strictly about domain names but interesting. Years ago I spoke to a guy I knew who worked in development for a Hollywood studio. His take and it's just one opinion, was the average person would neither understand or care. You want me to make a movie that would appeal to your community but that community is not big enough to make this movie profitable.

So I guess most out there would see a drama about domain names only as boring. Now I would think maybe Sex.com could be an indie movie if someone was compelled.

The other thing when you get outside the domain community, so many other people think it's wrong to sell someone a name for $1m I mean go on Reddit or other non domain forums. I have been places where people suggested domain investors were thrown off a cliff for simply selling domain names. So it's probably a tough sell for a movie being made in Hollywood. But maybe an indie.

Something Internet related that imo was great was Valley of the boom

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/valley-of-the-boom

•••
Startup.com is a good movie not strictly about domain names but interesting. Years ago I spoke to a guy I knew who worked in development for a Hollywood studio. His take and it's just one opinion, was the average person would neither understand or care. You want me to make a movie that would appeal to your community but that community is not big enough to make this movie profitable.

So I guess most out there would see a drama about domain names only as boring. Now I would think maybe Sex.com could be an indie movie if someone was compelled.

The other thing when you get outside the domain community, so many other people think it's wrong to sell someone a name for $1m I mean go on Reddit or other non domain forums. I have been places where people suggested domain investors were thrown off a cliff for simply selling domain names. So it's probably a tough sell for a movie being made in Hollywood. But maybe an indie.

Something Internet related that imo was great was Valley of the boom

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/valley-of-the-boom
I absolutely agree.

A movie about domains, at face value, might not just have the audience to be profitable, in my humble opinion.

Having said that, I find that the human angle when it comes to movies is what does it for me. From Lord of the rings to the Matrix to the Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind etc etc, the human condition is what draws me into each storyline and keeps me there and that's where I think a movie about domains might excel.

Take for instance, the story of Nissan.com. A movie about that is definitely something that will appeal to domainers as well as people who do not know anything about domains simply because it's a classic David and Goliath story.

•••
I absolutely agree.

A movie about domains, at face value, might not just have the audience to be profitable, in my humble opinion.

Having said that, I find that the human angle when it comes to movies is what does it for me. From Lord of the rings to the Matrix to the Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind etc etc, the human condition is what draws me into each storyline and keeps me there and that's where I think a movie about domains might excel.

Take for instance, the story of Nissan.com. A movie about that is definitely something that will appeal to domainers as well as people who do not know anything about domains simply because it's a classic David and Goliath story.
In my opinion to make domain movies popular, some sexy and famous actors should be invited!!! 😋😋😋

Last edited:
•••
I am presenting a case that the #DotNetVSDotComDebate is not over. If I am right then maybe next decade this will be a very interesting story that might make a movie. I wouldn't present this case if I didn't believe that this is a great opportunity for big money. I am arguing that .net is short for "Netters" and that this is a great nickname for buyers groups who buy at wholesale prices. I would call the movie

#NetVSCom

The world is going through huge inflation problems. This is a brilliant opportunity for a #WholesalerMovement to help lower the cost of living across the world. The infrastructure costs to build a wholesaler movement would take a few years to raise and that is why I believe that it would take a good decade for this story to evolve. I have put 15 years into wholesaler business models so far and I am convinced that this is an interesting story to see if the #DotNetVSDotCom debate can be revived and to see if the great #KingDotCom can be toppled.

Last edited:
•••
I am presenting a case that the #DotNetVSDotComDebate is not over. If I am right then maybe next decade this will be a very interesting story that might make a movie. I wouldn't present this case if I didn't believe that this is a great opportunity for big money. I am arguing that .net is short for "Netters" and that this is a great nickname for buyers groups who buy at wholesale prices. I would call the movie

#NetVSCom

The world is going through huge inflation problems. This is a brilliant opportunity for a #WholesalerMovement to help lower the cost of living across the world. The infrastructure costs to build a wholesaler movement would take a few years to raise and that is why I believe that it would take a good decade for this story to evolve. I have put 15 years into wholesaler business models so far and I am convinced that this is an interesting story to see if the #DotNetVSDotCom debate can be revived and to see if the great #KingDotCom can be toppled.
I know one example about .net extension! One person registered Kamaz.ru (Russian trucks brand with Russian extension) but he registered it before Kamaz company did it! They used .net for a long time but now they own .ru extension but it is not possible to find any deal information and who owned this domain before Kamaz company!

•••
I will invest in a documentary about domaining if only the domainers are classy

•••
I will invest in a documentary about domaining if only the domainers are classy
Should be easy, most of us are classy as f*ck

•••
Hi, We should totally go for a Web series to tackle the wild and wacky world of the domain industry.

I mean, movies, they just can't handle the crazy rollercoaster ride of domain names, am I right? With a web series, we can dish out season after season of drama, motivation, hilarity, and all the entertainment you can dream of.

+, we'll never run out of those ever-shifting trends to keep things interesting.

Furthermore, international actors and actresses could represent domainers, adding a global perspective to the narrative. Let's bring on the laughter, the drama, and the domain madness – it's going to be a riot! 🔥🔥🔥

#Multiple_Seasons

#Endless material for drama,

#Comedy

#Motivation

📚Let's see where this exciting concept could take us......🎬✅
I agree. btw i am a screenplay writer and i have material about that.. i just need the right producer

•••
I'm thinking a Michael Moore style documentary.

From Usenet to Useless Domains the Movie

It should have the scale of Dune with Alejandro Jodorowsky initially hired as a director, but due to UDRP Aaron Sorkin now owns the rights to direct.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back