NameSilo

registrars just-the-name.co.uk serious domain problems - Not responding

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Has anyone else had problems with just-the-name.co.uk?

We can't change DNS on a name despite repeatedly submitting changes in their control panel and contacting them over a period of ten days. Looks like they are a reseller for Tucows so should we take this up with Tucows and ICANN?

just-the-name.co.uk website footer says:
  • © 2007 - 2010 just-the-name.co.uk
Did they go awol in 2010???

just-the-name.co.uk is registered to Plusnet, a UK ISP bought up by the notoriously bad BT.

From WHOIS:

Plusnet PLC
The Balance
2 Pinfold Street
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S1 2GU

For info you can see some unhappy customer comments here: http://www.just-the-name.co.uk/comments.shtml

Before you say transfer it, it seems they don't respond to requests to unlock the domain and provide the authcode, and they have substituted their email [email protected] for the registrant's, making transfer impossible.

The domain is not new and has been renewed until next year at just-the-name's rather expensive price. Domain is used for uncontroversial live site, not email, not domaining.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A name with two dashes is the first reg flag. No way I'm registering my names with a company who don't value their own name. They won't value yours either.

•••
A name with two dashes is the first reg flag. No way I'm registering my names with a company who don't value their own name. They won't value yours either.

True, they are a trashy reseller. But the public don't know the difference between a reseller and a registrar.

After ten days trying to change DNS the registrant complained to Tucows and then things began to move, slowly. DNS got changed a few days later and after almost a further week waiting the authcode was supplied and domain unlocked. A week later the domain is safe at Namesilo.com and the site is working.

Another case of AVOID RESELLERS - you can have your site go down and lose your domain name, it just is not worth it.

By the way, just-the-name.co.uk do not even have anything in their control panel to request authcode or unlock, and all other updates to domains there fail. Anyone reading this, get your names out of there while you still can.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back