Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Redleg

Ultima Ratio RegumVIP Member
Impact
Google has updated the backlinks!

Lost 800 :(
(but gained 1300 the last update)...

But most of them were internal anyway, so I don't think it matters, I rank good in the SERPS anyway.. :)

No PR update yet (as far as I can see), maybe the rumors about PR death could be true anyway???

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
may i ask what is the R death? I never had too many backlinks so it doesn't really matter

•••
There have been two backlinks updates now, but no (significant) update in PR in a long time...

There are some rumors on SEO related forums that google may be moving away from PR (at least not showing them anymore)...

•••
I think you'll find rather than being "removed" or dying, they are "faking" the death of PR to stop people who abuse the system. I mean, lets be honest, how many times have you typed in something like "typewriter" and wham, there's 20 links to Ebay or some other mass site.

I dont feel google is as true as they were, so imo, the "proposed" death of pr would be a good thing, as long as they didnt have people "paying" for top listings which, i think they prob. do :|

Matt

•••
There are also some rumors about quarterly (visible) updates now, to prevent buying and selling of PR links...

•••
•••
ouch, dosent hurt so much for me, i can only go up :(

•••
me also, pr4 down to pr2, also had 13 links in google now it says 0, wuz up wit that ?

•••
As always, we must wait till the update is finished. There will be flunctuations while the update is going on.

This is the second straight update that Google seems to be hiding high PR links(although they are counted of course). Lots of PR0 and PR1 links showing up.

To those interested, the Google directory has been updated. Check your listing as there has been reports of major movement. Also, most of the PR changes occured there first.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back