NameSilo

Elizabeth Smart Found ALIVE!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Finally something positive in the News. [=

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (CNN) -- Missing teenager Elizabeth Smart, the subject of an intense police hunt since she was reported abducted from her bedroom last summer, was found alive Wednesday and reunited with her family, which never gave up hope she was still alive.

"We just believe in miracles and thank God she's alive," her uncle Tom Smart told CNN by telephone. He also said the girl's father, Ed Smart, "told me she was well."

"I just know she's alive and my brother held her in his arms," Tom Smart said.

Brian David Mitchell, 49, identified as a drifter who did some work in the family's home and had been sought for questioning in the case, is in police custody.

Read Full Story here:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/03/12/smart.kidnapping/index.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes that is amazing! I've been listening to that on the news here scince about 1:00 today and it's still on the news. They still haven't showed the regular local news.

I remember about 4 years ago seeing that man and woman that she was found with walking up the street about once a day for a few months where I used to live. I never seen where they lived or anything, we just thought ...... hmmm weird people, because they were dressed up in the same weird robe like clothes each day and didn't wear s***s. ............ Strange.

Someone here sent some pictures into one of the news stations here today that they took at a party last september and it shows that man and woman and what most believe is Elizabeth Smart. ......... Strange that noone recognized her, and that out of all places she was at a party just a few blocks from her house. They must of brainwashed her good for her not to try and escape at that party.

I also find it very strange for them to be dressed up the way they were and in the area where they were today when they got caught. You just don't see people like that in that area usually...... It's like they planned on being caught or something ..... I dunno strange. It's like robbing a bank all dressed up in a costume and masks and then walking into the police station and thinking noone will notice.

They also interviewed the womans daughter and she said she had left home when she was 15 shortly after her mom met this man. She said that the man which was basically her step dad at the time cooked and fed her her pet rabbit. She also said that he used to touch her and hug and kiss on her beyond the boundaries. She left when she was 15 and went to live with her dad from then on.

That alone would tell me that Elizabeth Smart was was definitely sexually abused. I think there could be some strange twists to come in this story, but you never know.

Well I hope they now realize that it is not a good idea to offer a complete stranger that you found pan handling out on the streets full unrestricted access to your house. I mean that is something you just should not do. If you want to be nice just give them money or make them wash your car or something lol, but you do not invite a total stranger that lives on the street into your house especially when you have kids. They trusted these strangers with keys to there house which is probably how they got in and abducted her. If it wasn't for them trying to be nice and help someone out this could have all been prevented. Sometimes being to nice is will get you into trouble. They had good intentions, but I don't believe they should have done that.

Atleast she was found in good conditon! Simply amazing and wonderful! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back