NameSilo

opinion David's Domain Industry Pet Peeve of the Day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

N-A

Account Closed
Impact
I just felt like starting my own thread that I can vent in. I call this David's Domain Industry Pet Peeve of the Day. Likely, nothing is going to irritate me every single day that I will feel the need to blow off some steam so the name is a work in progress. Bare with me.
Today’s pet peeve is buyers in the Top Domains section asking for sellers to PM a BIN. Not just any BIN though – when people ought to know that domains there are $1000 and above – rather, BINs for two letter dot coms.

If you have to ask for a BIN, you don’t have the money. Don’t ask. Especially not in public.
Edit: For visibility outside of side-bar discussions.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What does @Michael Ehrhardt think about that?
I don't know. I don't have any beef with what he's posted in the recent days (to week).

He's actually providing more intellectual threads. Or, I'm just getting dumber and used to his nonsense.

@Michael Ehrhardt is welcome here as long as he doesn't thread crash and post repeated YouTube video and Wikipedia snippet posts that relates to nothing... I'll end up reporting it for being off topic. And, I'm sure he'll get banned for minor infractions, again.

Another pet peeve I have is in the works... I'm sure if you've followed recent events or threads, you have a clue of what's been up. ;)

•••
My pet peeve of the day is salespeople finding the need to use a third party as a moderator for voicing their concerns.

When I first started in sales on a team and there was something that I didn’t like about a situation and vice-versa, we addressed each other directly. We emailed or called and said to put it more politically correct, “this is my deal, don’t even try to steal it” (with some more aggressive words, of course). In the Marine Corps, things were even harsher when we had to deal with certain people we just couldn’t get along with as well.

Historically, this is how it’s always been, at least for me. I’m sure other people here, mainly adults, have faced the same dilemma as myself and handled them accordingly without getting a third party involved unless absolutely necessary.

If you have a problem with someone, tell them to their face (via PM or in a reply). Don’t rely on someone else to do your bidding for you; grow up and come out of the closet.
Edit: For visibility outside of side-bar discussions.

Last edited:
•••
•••
What is Pet Peeve ❓

:xf.wink:
Well, it used to be you. Don't let that start again, I was just getting over it.

Google's definition of pet peeve shows "something that a particular person finds especially annoying".

•••
Got it

I use Google translation

:xf.rolleyes:

How is your work out ❓

•••
image.png

•••
Today’s pet peeve is buyers in the Top Domains section asking for sellers to PM a BIN. Not just any BIN though – when people ought to know that domains there are $1000 and above – rather, BINs for two letter dot coms.
I'm gonna ask the seller if he takes Paypal or Bitcoin, so you can write a sequel :-P

•••
I'm gonna ask the seller if he takes Paypal or Bitcoin, so you can write a sequel :-P
I'm sure if you arranged it with the owner and bypassed the broker entirely, they might be willing to accept either or depending on how patient and desperate they are or if you're willing to compensate a little extra for it. ;)

Though, Escrow.com won't let you purchase a domain using PayPal for transactions over $5000 (with other stipulations applied) and that can be problematic for both buyer and seller.[1] Also, the highest transaction amount to send money directly over PayPal is $10,000 so you would need to send approximately 60+ separate payments for some of the "Top" names.[2] Though, I'm sure that this would set off some alarm bells... so you might want to get into contact with PayPal directly prior to sending that much cash around.

As far as BTC is concerned, there are escrow services that do accept bitcoin, whether they're legitimate is a whole 'nother story.

I tried to make this an educational reply. I hope some have learned from this. :-P

[1] Escrow.com. "Escrow.com." How Does PayPal Work with Escrow.com? N.p., 4 Nov. 2004. Web. 06 Oct. 2016.
[2] PayPal. "What Is the Maximum Amount I Can Send with My PayPal Account?" PayPal. N.p., 13 Mar. 2016. Web. 6 Oct. 2016.

Last edited:
•••
•••
My pet peeve of the day is people that hide behind the protection of the internet. If you have someone ordered to not contact you in any manner, abide by that same principle and not contact them unless you're calling that order off.

•••
My pet peeve of the day is people that find the need to interject a related domain that they own (and is presumably for sale) in any thread possible. For instance, in a thread discussing dogs, someone would state, "I have doggroomingkits.com" as a single - and in my opinion - off topic post.

6357576604250736351267675249_NobodyCares.gif

Last edited:
•••
domainpetpeeves.com is available.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back