discuss Content Optimization Tips

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

infilead

Impact
  • Accurate Page Titles - Use target keywords
  • Use LSI keywords within the content
  • Length of Content should be min 500 words
  • Interactions and engagement in content (UGC) and use Images.
  • Shareability and ability to collate social signals
  • Link out to other authorized website
  • Implementing Schema and Microdata
  • Build strong internal links to your content

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All the points given by @infilead is best and important while optimizing the website. But the some of important points is missing like.
1. Content uniqueness
2. Keyword density in Content
3. Providing attractive and natural websites in linking which provide more accurate information on wordings

•••
•••
* The page title should match with the content. And use keyword in the title.
* Make a limit to the content added
* If you need link to some other pages.

•••
* Make a limit to the content added

??? Could you please explain to us what you mean by this?

Here's my content optimization tip:

Don't spam keywords!

Not necessary and will do you more harm than good. If you read your copy out loud and you sound like a parrot, you overdid it.

•••
If you read your copy out loud and you sound like a parrot, you overdid it.
If I may throw in my two cents..
If your are trying to rank for a English keyword (keywords) and English is your second language (or you are just learning it), have someone that can read and write English (yes @iowadawg ... Canadian is a English language lol) read your content

I got the feeling when I read the following that English is a second language..
[QUOTE="nada_book14, post: 4725890, member: 957329"]All the points given by @infilead is best and important while optimizing the website. But the some of important points is missing like."[/QUOTE] I would have written it like this.."The tips given by "Banned User" are important when optimizing your website. But a few of the important points are missing...

Note..not trying to embarass nada_book14 or center him/her out, just used the posting as an example of what I felt was non-native English writing.

•••
Damn!
Canadians speak english!
Except for those loonies who want french only.

But yes, always check the English and the grammar.
Even I will change some articles on my blog to correct spelling, grammar.

•••
Hello. Length of content should be a minimum of 500 words. Why? I always thought short, concise and direct to the point is better. Can you enlighten us?

•••
It is not short or long content that matters it is the informativeness and readability of the content that matters. if you are able to pull off a highly impressive article within 300-400 words, it will work for you. However, if you go on writing large chunks of content that the readers don't feel like reading, then it will be of no use.

•••
In terms of SEO and getting the page/article to get ranked higher I’ve noticed longer articles that are about 800+ words tend to rank better than shorter articles.

However, getting people to stay on the page to reduce bounce rates is a whole other story.

I’ve realized the best case scenario is to have the article be about 800 words and make it really solid content so people will not just want to read it but click on your link at the end. It’s a bit of a balancing act but it can be done with enough practice.

That’s just my 2 cents.

•••
However, getting people to stay on the page to reduce bounce rates is a whole other story.

You mean on your SITE :)? (just staying on the page won't reduce bounce rates.) Anyway, not something to worry about out of context - sometimes a bounce is appropriate. If I'm looking for the specs of a certain widget and the first page I get gives me exactly what I need, I'm a happy visitor - I may not hang around to browse the site, but I won't ping-pong back to search again either.

From the horse's mouth:
There are a number of factors that contribute to a high bounce rate. For example, users might leave your site from the entrance page if there are site design or usability issues. Alternatively, users might also leave the site after viewing a single page if they've found the information they need on that one page, and had no need or interest in going to other pages.
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009409?hl=en

There are some awesome ways to track how engaged your visitors were with a page by using event tracking in GA. Sometimes its a presentation issue - 1000+ words of the best content in the world can be intimidating if it isn't visually inviting.

•••
@enlytend Yes, sorry. I meant to say site and not page. My apologies.

And you are right – a 1,000+ word article of the best content in the world is intimidating if it isn’t presented properly.

This is why it’s best to break up your articles with headings, use bulleted lists and bold really important phrases. One thing I believe most people forget is that the average user is more of a skimmer than an actual reader. This is why you need to setup your content in such a fashion so that it naturally pulls in the skimmers to want to read the article.

Also including pictures and a video does help to further break up the article and help to entice in the skimmers into doing some actual reading.

•••
ya good tips if you will keep keyword density of 2% then it will be more helpful.

•••
ya good tips if you will keep keyword density of 2% then it will be more helpful.

Keyword density is dead. Don't waste your time worrying about it.

•••
Content Optimization Tips as follow as

1. Exact Page Titles - Use target keywords
2. Content Exclusivity
3. Keyword density in Content
4. Link out to other approved website
5. Build strong internal links to your content

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back