Domain Empire

discuss Bumping threads

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tonytigerz

Established Member
Impact
Just wondered, why are sellers allowed to bump their domain sales threads, again and again and again? Like I mean it seems endlessly, every day?

It's pretty annoying. There should be something like a 3-day lockout period, to stop people from hitting 'bump' every hour of every damned day.

I'm a member of other sensible forums, which prevent this annoying habit, by prohibiting people from bumping their threads for several days at a time

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh ok, I've just realised you can buy an upgrade that lets you bump your thread 5 times a day. So its a money-spinning exercise...ok, got it. lol

•••
Just wondered, why are sellers allowed to bump their domain sales threads, again and again and again? Like I mean it seems endlessly, every day?

It's pretty annoying. There should be something like a 3-day lockout period, to stop people from hitting 'bump' every hour of every damned day.

I'm a member of other sensible forums, which prevent this annoying habit, by prohibiting people from bumping their threads for several days at a time
I have posted about this before.

Many of these threads have dozens of bumps. In some cases there are hundreds. In some cases thousands.

It just clutters the forum and makes it hard to find new listings.

There are options like limiting the total amount of bumps, limiting the time between bumps, etc.

I am not sure what the standard on other forums is, but on NamePros a lot of valuable real estate is being taken up by people continuously bumping domains that have no interest.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I have posted about this before.

Many of these threads have dozens of bumps. In some cases there are hundreds. In some cases thousands.

It just clutters the forum and makes it hard to find new listings.

There are options like limiting the total amount of bumps, limiting the time between bumps, etc.

I am not sure what the standard on other forums is, but on NamePros a lot of valuable real estate is being taken up by people continuously bumping domains that have no interest.

Brad

Yes, its super annoying. Threads of chock full of 'bumps' and' ups'.

As if someone is going to buy the domain, on the 25th 'bump' . :tightlyclosedeyes:

Puts me off using this forum tbh.

•••
yeah time for me to to leave this forum. Until the owners stop letting people endlessly bump their posts.

I went to read some posts today, all I saw was 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' on just about every post.

Catch a grip of your yourselves, forum owners and stop this moronic post 'bumping!!

•••
Yep, it's crazy.
We all are crazy in some way :ROFL: :xf.wink: 🏥

p.s. There are a lot of span on Net/Press/TV... and around. NamePros just needs more users and more time on site:xf.wink:

•••
The irony is; paying members (Gold; blue; who pay; get more “bumps”)

It’s annoying or genius however way you look at it..

Last edited:
•••
yeah time for me to to leave this forum. Until the owners stop letting people endlessly bump their posts.

I went to read some posts today, all I saw was 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' on just about every post.

Catch a grip of your yourselves, forum owners and stop this moronic post 'bumping!!
The worst part? Dont even think about posting in their sales threads outside if buying… Post will get removed; and your acc will get warnings, likely.

Last edited:
•••
The irony is; paying members (Gold; blue; who pay; get more “bumps”)

It’s annoying or genius however way you look at it..
yes, I can see its clearly a money spinner for the owners to let user bump their sales posts endlessly. Just ruins the forum.

•••
•••
It's possible to use filters to find Sub-section or new threads and skip spam :ROFL:
1700123993467.png

•••
•••
The worst part? Dont even think about posting in their sales threads outside of* buying… Post will get removed; and your acc will get warnings, likely.
Fixed. And you were warned!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back