Dynadot

registrars Any Moniker representative on the forum? Need help with Authorization code error!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,
For the past four days I have been trying to get an authorization code for transferring one of my domains from Moniker to another registrar. In the control panel I have clicked on the button "Request authcode via email" and the button has changed to the following message: "The authcode will be sent via email to the contact address given in the account information.", but unfortunately no email has been sent to me. I have clicked on this button several times for the last four days without being sent an email.

I originally won the domain in an SnapNames auction and the domain has been in the account for several years since then. I have not made any changes to the Whois for the last 60 days, so it is under no registrar lock.

I have additionally tried the same procedure with another domain in the same account with the same identical contact details and I have then been sent an email with an authorization code for that specific domain, so there is no error with my contact details.

Is there any Moniker representative on the forum who could help me with solving this as soon as possible?
Or is there any other member on the forum who have experienced anything similar and know of a solution?

Thanks in advance for all the help, Jonas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can try to select multiple domains and do a BULK Auth Code request and see if that will generate the missing code for you

I have used this trick to get Auth Codes after expiry, not sure what's going on with this case but worth a shot.

Elsewise, just sent a ticket, they are reasonable to reply within a day in my experience.

HTH

•••
Assuming the E-mail address on file is correct, it could be spamtrapped.

It's one reason why I want to run my own mail servers: fine-tune and control whitelisting.

•••
You can try to select multiple domains and do a BULK Auth Code request and see if that will generate the missing code for you

I have used this trick to get Auth Codes after expiry, not sure what's going on with this case but worth a shot.

Elsewise, just sent a ticket, they are reasonable to reply within a day in my experience.

HTH
Assuming the E-mail address on file is correct, it could be spamtrapped.

It's one reason why I want to run my own mail servers: fine-tune and control whitelisting.

Usernamex, thanks for the reply. The strange thing is that if I do a BULK Auth Code request it works if I don't include the specific domain name and just include the other domain in the account. But as soon as I include this specific domain name in the BULK code request, then I am not sent an email at all.

Kate, also thanks for the reply. The email is not sent to my spam folder. I do receive an email with an auth code if I request it for any other domain in my account (and all have the same contact email as the one I am trying to have an auth code for), but not for this specific domain.

I did send a ticket to them on friday (10th march), but unfortunately I still haven't heard anything from the Moniker support.

•••
I just wanted everyone to know that the issue has been resolved. The staff at Moniker really came through for me and helped sort out the transfer efficiently.

•••
so is there a rep. of moniker here ??? need one urgently, looks like unethical behavior from moniker staff !!!

•••
so is there a rep. of moniker here ??? need one urgently, looks like unethical behavior from moniker staff !!!

nope all ok looks like it was just a glitch, they responded pretty fast back...hhhuu thought I lost a 4l domain

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back