Core Coders & Core Forum

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

liam_d

The original NP Emo KidEstablished Member
Impact
Well the site has been sold sorry but i needed the money, although i made more than i thought so my newer site will be up soon!, with a few improvements :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Elegant\simple design and easy navigation , but the contents should be EXACTLY centered as it appears bumped a bit to the right in IE6. (you were testing it under FireFox , weren't you ? ;) )

You should also consider using a DOCTYPE for your document and fix the few markup errors to make your document standard.

The default forum theme is great although i'd use a bit darker "blue".

hope this helps :)

•••
Added doctype thanks i forgot that!, contant is put to the left for easier reading i do not like centering a lot of text, it looks the same in firefox as ie :)

Thanks but i think i will keep the forum to the current blue i dont think dark would suit it.

•••
I'm afraid its not. Try viewing it on 800x600 if you're on a higher resolution.

I found more problems with the markup :
1- It's 2005 and CSS is there. Table layouts aren't used anymore (true designers never use it at least). Here's a link explaining why table layouts are bad. I'm sure you could find many articles regarding this topic. :)

2- this :
Code:
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">
could be easily replaced in your CSS file by this :
Code:
body { margin : 0 ; background-color : #FFFFFF }
Then you could just use body as <body> without the other properties.

If you want to see the powers of CSS then check : http://www.csszengarden.com/

That site shows many different layouts using the same HTML code which is found here :http://www.csszengarden.com/zengarden-sample.html. :)

•••
I have done the body thing and i prefer tables since im not great with css, i will check those sites though and see what i can come up with.

In the end its the look not weather its tables or css.

•••
SOME PROBLEM IN SITE. Not Open Properly. I think My connection is slow at this time. I SEE HEADER ONLY. BEST HEADER CHOOSEN. THANKS :hi:

•••
Sorry didn't quite understand that?

•••
There is gaps in the design that makes it took a bit confusing!

•••
liam_d said:
i prefer tables since im not great with css.
CSS isn't that hard. You just need sometimes to get used to it.
liam_d said:
In the end its the look not weather its tables or css.
You shouldn't use that as an excuse. Using CSS for layout is better according to that link i posted ( i can post more if you want) , plus it saves much more time and makes managing the contents and manipulating the layout so much easier. Did you check the zengarden website in my previous reply? did you see how much layouts they came up with using the same HTML document?

It's up to you after all. But just don't say "its the look not whether its tables or CSS" :)

•••
looks great but isn't this the 2nd time you post this?

•••
Colors work well together, crisp feel to the design, as already said simple but working well, Good Job :)

•••
•••
•••
Nice a clean layout, but i think there are to many colors mixed into eachother. The forums dont work..

•••
liam_d said:
Website was sold :)
Why! It was good, I hope you sold it for a good amount of money and you still can develop a verson of the forum that you made!

•••
the guy was only interested in the domain i kept everything else :)

•••
nice site. good work in site.

•••
That isn't his site anymore!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back