IT.COM

Value ranges between .? and .??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi everyone,

I thought about posting this in Appraisals but I dont own the names.
I need a clear and concise (remember, I'm thick) idea as to the value of DN's that are not .com, so I'm going to use what will be for me, a visual example of the differences. I hope I not out of line on this, but if it helps me get the picture, perhaps there are other n00bs it may help as well.
I tried using the tool for this but the disparity between .com and all others just didn't seem to tell the story.

So I ask each of you a huge favor.
Please value each of the following names:

money.com
money.net
money.org
money.biz
money.ws
money.us
money.name
money.info

or

Maybe this:

Let's say a DN with the .com= 100%
the same DN with the .net= ?%
.org=?%
.biz=?%
.ws=?%
etc....

Granted each appraiser will have a different number in mind, but if enough big shooters take the time to do this I can pool everyones opinions and get a very clear idea of where my hard earned dollars could serve me better.

Admin: If I'm asking too much, please delete this and no hard feelings either way,ok?

Thanks,kp

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good Question!

I prefer to deal mostly with 3-letter names, but perhaps my assessment using these types of names could also extend out more broadly too.

Let's take a 3-letter acronym such as "pjz" and consider the wholesale values based on what I've seen on the boards over the last 6 months. Bear in mind that these are all general Wholesale numbers, and end-user numbers (retail) really can't be determined or compared easily.

pjz.com on the wholesale level would be worth about $1000 (100%)
pjz.net would be worth about $200 (20%)
pjz.org would be worth about $45 (4.5%)
pjz.info would be worth about $35 (3.5%)
pjz.biz would be worth about $20 (2%)
pjz.us would be worth about $15 (1.5%)
pjz.name would be worth about reg fee or less or about $5 (.5%)
pjz.ws would be unfair to access, because it's available, though you have to pay $500 to the .ws registry to get it.

So it's not hard to figure why .com is king. Many domainers have gotten into collecting multiple extensions of the same name (like owning the .com, .net and .org of a name). That will enhance the value of all the names when owned in a package.

Maybe these type of comparisons can be helpful in looking at the values of all names, or maybe not, but I do think they are relatively accurate at least for 3-Letter names.

Hope this helps! Again, great general question!

:) Andrew

•••
Thanks Zesty,

Taking your time to explain the details was very kind, you have given me (and others, I imagine) a very clear graph to work with 3 letter DN's.

Would this format also apply to dictonary and 2 word name as well?
Also, which of the new TLD's, (.us, .ws, biz, info, etc.) does anyone think is an up and comer?

Thanks,kp

•••
money.com 100%
money.net 30%
money.org 10%
money.biz 5%
money.ws 1%
money.us 5%
money.name .5%
money.info 1%

•••
money.com 100%
money.net 80-90%
money.org 80%
money.biz 70%
money.ws %10
money.us %30
money.name %10
money.info %10

Don not underestimate .net
GOD BLESS

•••
Yea, thats the spirit... thanks guys. The idea is to get as many opinions from those of you that deal in real time value. This is a chance to really see what the different TLD's %'s will end up from the wholesale level. It could work out that everyone learns a little something here.
Peace,kp

•••
end user prices for a popular term like money are a bit more spread out and difficult to guess
money.com $1,000,000 - $5,000,000
money.net $50,000 - $200,000
money.org $8,000 - $60,000
money.info $8,000 - $40,000
money.us $8,000-$40,000
money.biz $5,000 - $40,000
money.ws $250-$1000
money.name $0-$50

and while we're at it
geld.de $80,000 - $250,000
money.co.uk $25,000 - $150,000
money.tv $2000-$15000

•••
money.com 100%
money.net 50%
money.org 40%
money.biz 30%
money.ws %2
money.us %20
money.name %2
money.info %20

that is what i would think

•••
Thank you guys..... one thing I forgot to include in that list is ".edu".

So now there is 5, thats 5 valid opinions out of 107 views. I dont want to seem ungrateful, or make anyone mad. I'm not bumping to try to sell or promote something for myself.

But the fact is, this Forum's Membership includes most of the Gods of this industry, and from the variance of opinions already shown here, this might generate some insightful conversation if a couple of you serious heavy hitters shared your thoughts as well.

Really, if I'm asking for trade secrets or Admin. feels this thread is not important to anyone but me, please wax it,...I'll understand. But... before you do, could you take a shot and add your thoughts on the subject as well?
This is, for me anyways, the single most undefined area relating to how a property is valued at the wholesale level.

Forever truly grateful, kp

•••
kid5150 said:
Thank you guys..... one thing I forgot to include in that list is ".edu".

So now there is 5, thats 5 valid opinions out of 107 views. I dont want to seem ungrateful, or make anyone mad. I'm not bumping to try to sell or promote something for myself.

But the fact is, this Forum's Membership includes most of the Gods of this industry, and from the variance of opinions already shown here, this might generate some insightful conversation if a couple of you serious heavy hitters shared your thoughts as well.

Really, if I'm asking for trade secrets or Admin. feels this thread is not important to anyone but me, please wax it,...I'll understand. But... before you do, could you take a shot and add your thoughts on the subject as well?
This is, for me anyways, the single most undefined area relating to how a property is valued at the wholesale level.

Forever truly grateful, kp
well .edu really depends on what the site is about

•••
i dident think people could regester .edu domains?

Thanks, QBert

•••
OK, .edu (not our respected member but the tld) removed.

This is really just a bump :notme: to see if we can get some more opinions over the weekend.

More is good, many more is better, please share your thoughts, even if it's to agree with a chart posted by another member (I believe "post by *" is correct) it will add to the graph.

I want to make an updatable comp graph with the mean results and post it when there is enough input to total up and weigh.

Thank you ~ Thank you ~ Thank you all

Peace, kp

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back