Domain Empire

Anyone come across these guys ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gazzip

First Time Poster !VIP Member
Impact
I was trawling through an expired domain list just passin time and realised that the following company seems to reg just about anything and almost everything.

It seemed like at least every other one is now parked by them - even when i checked the really really crap ones - yes - they have it.

Its weired !! :alien:

some of the terrible names IMO are as follows

gulfcoastsanddragassociation.com
HOTLOTTO2000.COM
cashforhomesincollierville.com
BETTER-HEALTH-N-MORE-MONEY.COM
MEDIA-HOTELSOLUTIONS.COM
BUY-HEALTH-N-BEAUTY-ONLINE.COM
ANDERSON-AUTOMOTIVE-GROUP.COM
BEAUTIFULCREATIONSSALON.COM
2003CAMPENGLISHTANOSHIIFOREVER.COM
MECHANICALBREAKDOWNWARRANTIES.COM
FUTUREOFTAXADMINISTRATION.COM

- and Yes – this one ?

THE-SUN-SHONE-HAVING-NO-ALTERNATIVE.COM

their website says the following -

www.kenyatech.com is an international domain name reseller portal. We offer our clients an excellent, ever-growing selection of high quality domain names - names that are not available through traditional domain name registrars.

Kentech specializes in after-market domain names, meaning Kentech has acquired the right to resell these domains to you at discounted rates from an existing domain name registrant. These domain names are exclusively brought to you by Kenyatech.com and are not for sale elsewhere on the Internet.

Any thoughts on this lot ? :-/ Do you think they get every one than is not backordered by anyone ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Betcha:
They register everything that drops, check for traffic, and then "let go" those domains w/o traffic (Since <insert expletive here> is ok) without ever actually having to pay verisign/et al for them.
-Allan

•••
How do they manage that one ? :-/ and do other companies have similar arrangements ?

•••
Yes; I can't find the threads at the moment, but try searching the forums here and you might come accross the previous discussions... and if I find them, I'll repost.
-Allan

•••
2003CAMPENGLISHTANOSHIIFOREVER.COM is one I checked and is listed by whois.sc
as reserved

•••
•••
•••
IAmAllanShore said:
What's funny is that they'll probably keep it now that we're sending traffic to it; the traffic that will be gone after we're done talking about it ;)

-Allan

LOL - I think they might need it ! Overall Incoming Links: 1 :( and climbing

Last edited:
•••
Some people have more money than brains... :laugh:

•••
gazzip said:
LOL - I think they might need it ! Overall Incoming Links: 1 :( and climbing
Maybe that is solution to problem . We all link to these dodgy names so they keep the names .

•••
•••
•••
Mmmmm Sun, quad figuers domain there!

1k for each hyphen

•••
Better buy my premium hyphened domain :)

•••
lol. we should take k-e-n-y-a-t-e-c-h.com and make an exchange for these beautiful names!

•••
I’ll bet they’re churning out a solid little profit over the long haul. Perhaps even as high as 2/1 return on investment.

•••
The only thing I am sure is that they can make money from these names.

:)

•••
xtremest said:
lol. we should take k-e-n-y-a-t-e-c-h.com and make an exchange for these beautiful names!

Great idea! It sounds more like a cheerleading squad Motto (Gimme a K! Gimme an E! etc.etc.)

•••
These domains could all be used for some Black Hat doorways.

•••
Makes you wonder which lunatics registered some of those in the first place, for them to drop. Personally, I think we should visit those sites so they keep them, afterall, we don't get the ability to register domains to check for traffic, then let them go. :D

•••
YES - he's a thief.

He's STEALING my WHOIS searches before I can register the names I've searched on. Not ALL of them but quite a few. I have sent emails to him and he has not replied. I dont know what else to do but to contact ICANN and Godaddy management (WHOIS being used) as well as DIRECTNIC management (his registrar) - who are (all or some of them) probably in bed with him.

I do not have any spyware on my PC as I run multiple AntiSpyware products and have outgoing processes closely scrutinized. ALSO, I have done these WHOIS searches from multiple PCs (friends house, family in different states). He's aquiring the WHOIS search data from someone - Godaddy says NO. Ha. Yea.

Anyone else have information about this guy in Kenya? And anyone have advice on who to report him to? ICANN?

SpongyBob said:
Makes you wonder which lunatics registered some of those in the first place, for them to drop. Personally, I think we should visit those sites so they keep them, afterall, we don't get the ability to register domains to check for traffic, then let them go. :D

Some of them were NEVER registered as far as I know. I have used some way off the wall names in order to bait this guy and I see that he's taken the bait. I want him procescuted for theft.

IAmAllanShore said:
Betcha:
They register everything that drops, check for traffic, and then "let go" those domains w/o traffic (Since <insert expletive here> is ok) without ever actually having to pay verisign/et al for them.
-Allan

I am searching on names and he's registering them days later. I dont use any expiration service - otherwise I could understand he'd get it too.

•••
DomainPump, surely this is a joke right?

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Betcha:
-Allan

yup thats exactly it, and they have a daily float that would blow the minds of most people here :)

•••
Joke?

eSology said:
DomainPump, surely this is a joke right?

I wouldnt waste your time, nor mine. I just sent a stern email to my registrar and I am about to contact ICANN about this. So no, this is not a joke. I am was quite interested to see that this person from Kenya was being discussed and thought I'd bring up the topic here. If its the wrong forum, then I am sorry - please let me know where I can go to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks!

•••
I read this article months ago when Kenyatech registered 200 domains that I was about to register. I was concerned they had hacked into me. The funny thing was that 9 days later the 200 Domains were available again and I managed to reg them. This lead me to the assumption that they were paying with some sort of fraudulent Credit Card.

Anyway take a read of this. http://www.kenyatechwatch.com/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back