IT.COM

Logo Contest 20$, Second place 10$, Slogan 5$

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logo Contest 30$, Second place 20$,Third place 15$, Slogan 5$, buddyicon logo

First of all, I may sound so repetitive, but I am really proud of you all guys =), this was the first contest I make on np forum and never tought it would be as amazing as whats in fact happened here. Everybody show me a great quality on their logos, improvements with the time, you guys listen carefully to my ideas, and I love that.

Things were very tight at the beginning of the contest as I couldn’t find the right logo, steadler and gio show me a good work, but it just didn’t convince me, didn’t feel it would work on the site, thought their ideas were good. Then Balmong logo was like >>> I am the choose one <<<, and main reason I only ask him to change the image… because in the text he found a good balance of colors, I was just worry about the image at all. Then Border7 and will7 enter in the scene to make things really hard to me, by showing their amazings entries, I was shock by the diversity of concepts and ideas, all pretty well done. Will7 who in my choice wasn’t my style, got votes from the other 2, while border7 and balmong for me were the ones I love the most =).

As same as the gamming contest, it was a really thought decision base in the fact I grow some feelings towards all of you :’(. I was hoping the first and strongest vote could decide everything, but I was wrong once again, it would be my vote alone that It would decide the final and rightfully winner .

First I must thanks:

Gio~logist, Entry & Slogan, the faster of all =), thought it didn’t fit you style for what I was looking for, anyway, you show up a diversity of logos from a base aim logo into animated versions. I must say you have nice skills gio, really nice ones hehehehehe.

Steadler Entry & slogan, I like your logo a lot!, but I feel like wasn’t part of the aim buddy concept, more like a general concept, but well time would prove base on votes who would be the winner ;).

RoganSarine entry, you did a great work, thought I didn’t saw more revisions from you, I appreciated your participation.

andrewasmith1 entry & slogan, Thanks to participate on my contest man =). Good work there as well.

eh-stevo logo & slogan, Thanks steveo, but like I say some logos didn’t fit my profile of what was looking, anyway thanks to participate.

Balmong entry, great logo, the fact you told me the image on the logo were product of your work, gave you a plus.

Will7 entry, your quality it’s indeed excellent, thought your logo make me feel to corporative. But votes would say who will win this contest.

Border7 entry, border I think you manage well the aim logo arena by a huge scale of 1 to 10 =). You follow my advice on that concept =).

GHOwner slogan, Thanks for your participation.

wicked_gal00 entry, Thanks to participated, I miss your revision a lot, I saw a lot of potential on your logo :’(.

guetizo entry & slogan, pretty nice work, the last to enter this competence, nerveless one of the best. I love your logo a lot.

So the Winner of the contest is Border7! 30$
Second place goes to Balmong 20$
Third place goes to William 15$
Slogan winner it would be submit to pool.

Congrats Border7 you did in my perspective the most creative way to express what I was looking for.

Balmong, between you, border and William, make the decision really hard, I could say it was matter of random ideas that make the order of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. You were my favorite, but 1 doesn’t make the winner, it just makes the right balance ;).

William your logo impress the other 2, thought it just didn’t convince me, but you did cover the bases, and listen about what the majority was looking for, never the less was matter of a little difference that decide the winner, you tree in this case was really tight.

Steadler, Gio & Guetizo got from this contest 250 np$ each, since they were in the top 6.

I haven’t forget about you all, but It would take me hours about telling you guys how happy you make me, I appreciated all your help to make this contest event one of the best, THANKS!.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
will start work on it soon!

•••
I went for a rather simple look. I got a picture of an AIM icon and made it so thatit's holding an icon, or a sign that sais the site name. Then some brush strokes around it for touch ups. I can animate the inside of the icon area free of charge if you'd like.

logo3wk.jpg

•••
ill give this one a go....

•••
Possible Slogans
  • AIM Buddy Icons... Making sure your AIM icons, is even better then your buddies!
  • Remodeling AIM; one icon at a time.

I will post more if they come to mind.

•••
here is my attempt

just going to say before i post my attempt, i have entered a similar logo for another contest on this site, so if by some huge miracle i win it i will have to remove this logo and vice versa.....anyway its a simplistic design i hope you like, anything can be changed, i added a slogan...

We always aim Higher is the slogan i used.

aimicon3qc.jpg

another couple of slogans...

Always Aiming The Highest

Get your Buddy a Buddy Icon

•••
Steadler,
Just out of curiosity. Why is your watermark BEHIND the image? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?

Just asking...

•••
Heres mine, i got two different versions:
buddyiconver2.jpg

buddyiconver1.jpg

•••
oppsss, lol i didnt mean to put it behind, lol well NVM thnx for bringing it to my attention tho ;)

•••
steadler said:
just going to say before i post my attempt, i have entered a similar logo for another contest on this site, so if by some huge miracle i win it i will have to remove this logo and vice versa.....anyway its a simplistic design i hope you like, anything can be changed, i added a slogan...

We always aim Higher is the slogan i used.

aimicon3qc.jpg

another couple of slogans...

Get your Buddy a Buddy Icon

Man you got me confuse :S.

So you submitting the same or a similar logo into two different contests? and you mean if by some odd miracle you win in both contests with the same logo, you would remove the logo here, since i guess the other contest pay more :?.
Or i am thinking too much like my friends say hehehehe.

Btw i didnt want to be too cheap on the logo contest, thats the reason i add the 2nd place and slogan, plus np bonus, it could be the case one designer wins all. But remember this is just a small project, and i working at the moment on the description of a bigger one. But just because its a small project, doesnt mean i dont want a good quality work =), just to make things clear hehehehe.

Also i have to re-schedule my contests due the fact there are two big ones already, so in order to get most of the designers input/ideas, and a better contest, i would need such events be close to a end up date, so i am kind up of waiting for the result of other events..., well just my toughts.

Remember the watermark guys =P.

•••
no i meant if i win his i will remove it from this contest but if i win yours i will remove from his contest, sorry didnt mean to confuse.

•••
Hmmm, I may give it a shot ;) Will post one in a bit if I do. :)

-Eric

•••
Its me or i can't see any submission :O, maybe you guys forgot the watermark?

Kind up of weird i am pretty sure i saw some, then after a refresh none :S.

About steadler entrie, heheheh i already saw that one on the other thread, and i love it, never tought it would look nice on my project. I like the fact its versatil and original,
there is no need to use the aim logo as its as for the other entries. I mean i rather prefer a geniune work that in some way looks different, than something that could lead me to problems =P. Anyone knows if the use of aim logo its all ok? or not.

To gio~logist i saw your entrie for some seconds, couldnt have enough time to give a good feedback. However i would like if you could add some colors, plus it didnt convince me the black color you put around.

Last edited:
•••
thnx for the feedback, and io dont think it would be legal to use the aim logo, i just hope my logo offers you something you want for your site, i will enter some more to.

i can still see all the entries tho Gerakus

•••
steadler said:
thnx for the feedback, and io dont think it would be legal to use the aim logo, i just hope my logo offers you something you want for your site, i will enter some more to.

i can still see all the entries tho Gerakus

I can see now =). But with IE :(.

About the current slogans, i like how it sounds yours

However i think doesnt fit into my icon buddy project, maybe i havent got the full picture of your slogan, any detail would help me.

Last edited:
•••
it means your always aiming higher than other sites to help your members, you could re arrange it to always aiming the highest in helping our buddies, somthing like that.

•••
Er, what do you think of mine? You've gaven feedback to all but mine..

•••
RoganSarine said:
Er, what do you think of mine? You've gaven feedback to all but mine..

For some reason i wasnt unable to see it, let me re-check the whole thread, sorry.

Btw i notice why i wasnt able to see all the logos, was firefox beta version....

I like your first entrie, but the text kind up needs some work, could you try to put it on 3d or give it a nice effect to the text, also find a way to add more colors, like blue/green colors to the logo, not sure if it would works. And try to add some original or unique effect into the logo.

Last edited:
•••
new 1

hi i tried this nice little design i like it, but its not about what i like, lol well here it is

aimbuddy24ml.jpg

•••
•••
Will post mine tomorrow, its to late for me to be on comp.

•••
i dont think it wud be wise to use aim logo in your logo

•••
:talk:

steadler said:
hi i tried this nice little design i like it, but its not about what i like, lol well here it is

aimbuddy24ml.jpg

From your first to last entrie, I like more the first one ;).
For some reason doesn’t look good on my personal eyes,
those two colors alone, probably because you already show me
blue green orange combination :S.

Also the text looks too darky, could you lighter the text, try to use
blue on it, and in the squares maybe use orange, green, blue, and
silver, instead of two oranges and two greens.

andrewasmith1 said:
Here is My Design

aimbuddyicon.jpg

Hehehehehh clever =), the problem i see with this kind of icon is
its too similar to aim logo, by similar i mean same color same layout.

There are some options or tip to make this logo, one would be make something so original that surprise.
Or make the logo base on smiles, like a buddy icon. Everybody has focus on the aim part but have forget the buddy icons =P.
However if you focus on the aim part I would like a different way to express it, so doesn’t appear a copy of the original, I know its not, but it looks so similar, and that would lead me to some problems.

Remember all the icons will be for free, so I would not be charging for them, the idea of the cart its nice, but i am sure it would not fit into my site, however was a nice idea, and its making me think :O.

About the slogan, it looks similar to steadler one, could you input something about the idea of it? so maybe it has a different concept of what he already input.

l0zo said:
i don’t think it would be wise to use aim logo in your logo

That’s right, by how some designers have been using the aim logo would not be a good idea. I would try to update the main thread with something to avoid excess of work on this matter.

:tu:

I update the first post with the follow:

Tips:
I would try to input some tips, so any designer that may get lost into the concept, get an idea from where to start.
There are some options or tips to make this logo, one would be design something so original that surprise.
Or make the logo base on smiles, like a buddy icon. Everybody has focus on the aim part but have forget the buddy icons =P.
However if you focus on the aim part I would like a different way to express it, so doesn’t appear a copy of the original. Try to use more than one color, under the specifications part you could get an idea of what colors and in some way how could you use them.

The text(name of site) is really important to me, not the most, but its important .

Last edited:
•••
thnx again for some useful feedback i will submit a revised logo soon using your sugested colour scheme. ;)

here is my revised logo with a multi colour scheme

aimbuddy39nq.jpg

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back