IT.COM

Is Afternic worth $20

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
do you get enough exposure and interest in your domains through afternic that its worth the 20/yr..?

My portfolio has about 130 names.

any thoughts and experiences..?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm interested to know too...

•••
I never touched afternic till now.
but if you are a serious domainer you should take a try.

•••
Yes

yes, it is worth it for 2 reasons. You can sell a domain there the regular way. I haven't gotten rich, but sold a few. One drawback is the $60 minimum.

Also, their Bazzar came in real handy for me. I wanted money to buy .co.in domains. I put about 50 domains on the Bazaar (auction). I sold most at anywhere from $5 to $40. You have to buy Bazaar bucks to list domains on the auction, but can be bought for as low as 24 cents. :sold: I have seen a couple of the names I sold here on Namepros.

Frank

•••
Yes definitely. I agree with Frank. My entire portfolio is parked there, no stress no problem with them, full confidence and I get my PPC check every month. Just sold a name through them today.

•••
I've only been a member with them for a few months and I've already sold 2 names for $500 a piece.
It's in your best interest to list your names at as many places as you can, if you really want to sell them.

Good Luck

•••
thanks - I think I'llgive them a try. Just havent had much visible results from listing all my names at sedo so I figured that they might not be any better.

Does anybody have a parked afternic page I could check out..?

•••
You get 10 bucks per referral, so if you can refer two people, you can apply that credit towards a membership upgrade.

•••
Easy to manage

Ps- your domains are very easy to manage at www.Afternic.com !!!

Frank

•••
is afternic worth $20

Yes, IF you have names that are actually saleable, AND if you don't price them so high that you price yourself out of the market.

•••
AfterNIC is certainly worth the $20 exchange membership fee. I've been an AfterNIC evangelist for some time now, as they've always provided me with top notch support and they have on more than one ocassion gone beyond the call of duty to help me out (fraudulent bids on domains, etc.)

AmCy

•••
I think it is worthwhile because of afternicbazaar. I use it to sell names for unexpected wholesale prices.

•••
azt said:
You get 10 bucks per referral, so if you can refer two people, you can apply that credit towards a membership upgrade.

Does anyone want to refer me?

•••
mkellerman said:
Does anyone want to refer me?

PM sent

(I WAS the one that mentioned the referrals... :) )

•••
ok you got me convinced. Well I was pretty sure I wanted to do it anyway. Still havent seen anyone showing an afternic parked page. If you dont want to do a hot link just post or pm the domain. Dont if they are strict on where and how the traffic comes. Any info on their parking would be great. I'd probably start by parking a few names there to test first.

•••
AfterNIC Parked Page

Fleege said:
Still havent seen anyone showing an afternic...

U want to see an AfterNIC parked page? Go to securedcreditcard.cc

I'm not allowed to post any hotlinks to the parked page so you'll have to copy and paste the above to your browser's address bar.

AfterNIC's parking program is great. I use their "House Parking" for the domains I have parked there. I'm going to be moving more of my names over to AfterNIC parking, when I get a chance.

AmCy

•••
thanks. AmCy

That whole linking to a parked page is such a grey area. You can list your sites in directories etc cant you..?

afternic seems to be great for domain realted domains since their parking template stays as afternic and all that. Q. do you get the $10 referral fee from people coming to afternic through your parked page as well.

are you allowed to link from your parked page to your own website(s) at least?

sorry for all the Qs. I am researching the different parking providers and publishingthe results at www.domainparkingguru.com

•••
Fleege said:
That whole linking to a parked page is such a grey area. You can list your sites in directories etc cant you...are you allowed to link from your parked page to your own website(s) at least?[/
You'll need to email them about those questions. Or you can ask NamePros member "billinchina" who is an AfterNIC developer.

Fleege said:
do you get the $10 referral fee from people coming to afternic through your parked page as well?

http://www.afternic.com/help/index.php?a=61

AmCy

•••
Thanks all - Just signed up. I used azt link since he/she asked first. See it goes to show never hurts to ask.

So if I or this thread helped anybody to go for the afternic program sign up through my link on www.domainparkingguru.com

I'd appreciate it. or through Amcy. They deserve a sign up or two too.

Hit me with your username after signed up and I'll put a prominent link to you on one of my sites.

Afternic is so far so good. As far as their parking -- I think I will stick to domain related domains only to begin with - that seems the best match.

•••
never sold or even had a bid placed on a domain at afternic but sold names to buyers who found my domain at afternic so yes its worth the 20 bucks.

•••
I just let my AfterNIC membership expire, DNF gets me more sales than AfterNIC ever did.

•••
exactly - domain exposure was my main reason for joining.

•••
Fleege said:
do you get enough exposure and interest in your domains through afternic that its worth the 20/yr..?

no IMO

•••
that 20$ is per domain????

I think I read it is to be payed each yeark, but what does it include? parking and access to auctions?

Thanks, I might sign up too so I wouldnt mind to use a referral...

•••
pertosda said:
that 20$ is per domain????

I think I read it is to be payed each yeark, but what does it include? parking and access to auctions?

Thanks, I might sign up too so I wouldnt mind to use a referral...
it's an anual fee and after paid you can list your domains for sale and join the bazaar.
but if you want to just buy names, you can pay only 1$ as a buyer's fee.
I would appreciate if you use my referral, good luck.
[edit]There are no affiliate links allowed[/edit] :tri:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back