IT.COM

Scammer: Sarah Ludwig, NT&T Software Consulting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jimmy Changa

PlanetBurrito.comEstablished Member
Impact
I received the following scam e-mail today. Figured I'll post it so search engines can index the names nicely. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date: 7/6/2005 20:32:52 +0400
To: jimmy@~~~~~~~~.com
Subject: ginn.info (sent 07/06/05)

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm interested in your domain name listed for sale.

Can you drop me your desired price?

If I can afford it I'll reply.

By the way, did you receive offers from other buyers?

I run a software development company. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest money and make additional income.

Please keep our correspondence confidential.

Best regards,

Sarah Ludwig

Ph. D. President

NT&T Software Consulting

=====================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

======================================================

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got one too and here was my response to her/him:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Sarah,

We have received information from FBI that this may be a scam. Hence, we have tracked and recorded your IP address and contact information for security purposes.

Otherwise, we'd like to re-emphasize that we won't be doing any appraisals - it's on a willing buyer, willing seller basis. Period.

Someone offered $1,500 before because he felt the domain name is worth that much. We rejected his offer.

If you also think that the name's worth that much to you, then we'll talk. We have no urgency to sell the name at this time.

Hope to do business with you too.

Rgds.

•••
That's Sarah Murray version 2. Scam :)

•••
http://www.namepros.com/search.php?searchid=207921

By following up the search results for "toughguy.net" you will see that the same person has been doing this a lot, under various different company and personal names. The email is always structured the same, and comes from a toughguy.net email address.

Basically, this guy claims he's trying to get even with the broker/appraisal companies by having a bunch of people request and pay for appraisals, then do charge backs. The goal is to damage them financially. He admitted all this before.

He needs to find a more legitimate and productive way to protest. This just wastes everybody's time.

•••
Same Sarah :) got the exact email yesterday.

- SW

•••
Well, I responded with "Ginn.info is priced at $50". Surely he can't expect me to pay for an appraisal at that price. :)

•••
Got the email aswell :D I just replied with the usual swearing, etc.. :D

•••
Sarah Ludwigs strikes again

I posted this on the Sarah Murray string but will repost it here also.

I got the following email yesterday and have included my reply as well as "Sarah Ludwigs" reply to mine
It definitely looks like a scam to me, especially after having read what is posted here and on other forums. A Google search on - "Sarrah Ludwigs" domain names - has led me to this forum of which I have just signed up using my wife's user name since most all the domain names are hers. Great forum, btw.
Notice the URL that "Sarah" refered me to http://www.domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/26074.htm and a third person on that forum recommends http://alldomains.com which is the same owner as http://www.allfordomains.com and http://www.everydayincome.com and http://www.softforces.com which is "Eleview International" www.eleview.com and http://www.eleview.com/core.asp?target=Departments http://www.fiance.com which is a russian bride finding service which is probably a scam also so don't send those girls any money either. :)

They will send out all your names to a hundred "known buyers" for free in hope of luring you into ordering one of their packages for hundreds of dollars where they will send your names out to up to 20,000 known buyers. How come I can't locate all these supposed buyers. You will recieve offers in the free service. I didn't try their paid "service" (scam)
Then of course there is the domain name wanted service (scam) http://www.allfordomains.com/wanted.asp where hundreds of anxious buyers are advertising for names wanted. That's about $ 50.00 a month. I fell for that for a couple of months and no takers.
Where do they find all these name buyers and why is it their ads are about the same month after month, year after year. There are probably enough sales going on there to make it seem " ligit" but for the most part I think it's all a scam and it's tied in with this con artist, "Sarah". We could put together a plan and get these people busted off the net. We could start by everone ordering their free service and then comparing notes. If we have enough evidence maybe we could shut them down so no one else get's ripped off. Doesn't the FBI have a special internet fraud division we could complain to?
There have been complaints at other forums also
http://www.DNF/showthread.php?t=6772

Below is the correspondence we've had SO FAR. I've Xed out my email address but the other info may be useful in tracking this animal down.

From NTT Software Consulting Wed Jul 6 09:34:34 2005
X-Apparently-To: [email protected] via 68.142.201.235; Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:45:26 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [195.34.32.124]
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta184.mail.re2.yahoo.com from=toughguy.net; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 195.34.32.124 (EHLO Apachihuilliztli.mtu.ru) (195.34.32.124) by mta184.mail.re2.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 06 Jul 2005 09:45:26 -0700
Received: from muan.mtu.ru (muan.mtu.ru [195.34.34.229]) by Apachihuilliztli.mtu.ru (Postfix) with ESMTP id 117B920AA2D for <[email protected]>; Wed, 6 Jul 2005 20:37:36 +0400 (MSD) (envelope-from [email protected])
Received: from firstbroker (ppp129-29.dialup.mtu-net.ru [62.118.129.29]) by smtp.MTU.RU (Postfix) with SMTP id 54E74378CCC for <[email protected]>; Wed, 6 Jul 2005 20:34:34 +0400 (MSD) (envelope-from [email protected])
From: "NTT Software Consulting" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book
To: [email protected]
Subject: 741776.com (sent 07/06/05)
X-Mailer: NetMasters SMTP Demo
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 20:34:34 +0400 (MSD)
Content-Length: 526

To Whom It May Concern,

I run a software development company. Selling & buying names is not my
main business. Just another way to invest money and make additional
income.

Best regards,

Sarah Ludwig

Ph. D. President

NT&T Software Consulting

============================================================================
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the

----- Original Message -----
To: NTT Software Consulting
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: 741776.com (sent 07/06/05)

Hi Sarah,

Yes the domain name is for sale. I also have 4thofJuly1776.com if you're interested in a package deal. I have 741776 for sale at Sedo for $995.00 http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=741776.com&language=e&partnerid=14228&language=e
and 4thofJuly1776.com for $1,776.00
http://www.sedo.com/search/details....776.com&language=e&partnerid=14228&language=e
You can make an offer if your interested.
Sedo get's a 10% commission from me on each sale.
I'm in need of some money at this time so can negotiate.
I haven't had any offers on these names yet but I have on others.

XXXXXXX

From S Ludwig Thu Jul 7 07:52:33 2005
X-Apparently-To: [email protected] via 68.142.201.235; Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:05:18 -0700
X-Originating-IP: [38.113.3.61]
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta204.mail.scd.yahoo.com from=toughguy.net; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 38.113.3.61 (EHLO smtp-out.hotpop.com) (38.113.3.61) by mta204.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:05:18 -0700
Received: from toughguy.net (kubrick.hotpop.com [38.113.3.103]) by smtp-out.hotpop.com (Postfix) with SMTP id 244AC1373CC8 for [email protected]>; Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:53:38 +0000 (UTC)
Received: from diamondoji4lze (unknown [213.140.225.228]) by smtp-2.hotpop.com (Postfix) with SMTP id B4A2813A63B5 for <[email protected]>; Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:53:23 +0000 (UTC)
Message-ID: <00d101c58303$a7f06fa0$e4e18cd5@diamondoji4lze>
To: "XXXXXXXX" [email protected]>
References: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: 741776.com (sent 07/06/05)
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 18:52:33 +0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00B0_01C58325.08EAC780"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1106
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1106
X-HotPOP: ----------------------------------------------- Sent By HotPOP.com FREE Email Get your FREE POP email at www.HotPOP.com -----------------------------------------------
Content-Length: 4891

1,776 USD. Ok.

Do you sell a web site or domain name only? I'm mostly interested in domain names.

Do you have an appraisal certificate of your domain? I need an independent appraisal for domain priced in your range. I consider your name as an investment. In other words I'm going to sell your name later and make a profit. If I overpay I won't be able to make a profit in the future. It's very important for you and me to know the current market value of your domain.

Of course, we must be sure that you are engaging a reputable appraisal company company or you would end up blowing your money. Please note that I don't trust free or cheap appraisals. Cheap service cannot be accurate.

Sedo is acceptable as a broker but not as an appraiser because your names
are listed with them and they are not independent. They are interested in
ovepricing in order to get a fat commission. I need appraisals from a
company which is not interested in selling your domains. I will only accept
appraisals from independent appraisal companies I know and trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies in a forum
http://www.domaintalk.ourplace.com/Archive/26074.htm

Juck check this posting.

After I verify an appraisal from you we'll continue our negotiations.

How do you prefer to get paid: www.PayPal.com, www.escrow.com, check or wire?

Looking forward to your reply.

I haven't replied yet. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
•••
I received one also and when I went to domain site to check on the domain it had a Auth Code for transfer so keep your eyes open and lock your domains..

•••
I received that mail too and I rejected his request. No more than 1 week later, my PayPal account was limited because the company said my credit card was intended to be charged without authorization. Is this because of that?

•••
Be careful he/she using a new name

Thanks for your great posts. If they are true, Sarah has changed her name and is using one that is similar to a good natured actor (not actress) you see around these days. He/She almost got me...pretty good game. There doesn't appear to be any way to easy money. He/She knows that people play the domain market game the way they gamble...In the end you feel ashamed you wasted so much money.

•••
•••
Sarah back again but this time disguise as a guy from T N T

Hello,

I run a software development company. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest money and make additional income.

Best regards,

Keith Henson

Ph. D. President

TNT Solutions

============================================================================
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.

===========================================================================

•••
Scammer: Sarah Ludwig new name

Hi everybody,
I received an e-mail from Robin K. Henson this is the body:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
----- Original Message -----
To: <*****@***********>
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 9:35 AM
Subject: tribecafestival.org (sent 09/02/05)

Hello,

Best regards,

Robin K. Henson

Ph. D. President

TST Solutions
------------------------------------------------------------------------

pretty much the same as before, he tried also to make me pay for a valuation or appraisal, i traced his location and he seems to be from europe more precisely from russia, may be he is doing some money by referring clients to allDomains and GreatDomains for the appraisals, this I don't know i dodn't find any refferal links but he may be have an account and specify the domain names he will be referring since he knows which domains he is trying to buy, any way I didn't reply to him but just want to let know everybody about his new nick name.

and keep in mind you that when you deal with someone:
1- he has to have a good e-mail address not just a free cheep registration, this should be your first clue.
2-check in the e-mail the address of the senders IP and his machine ID( Message-ID), trace it back to a country, check also the search engines results....etc it will give you good hints with who you are dealing with.
most of the scammers have good comunication skills and computer knowledge but they are too lasy to do the job by themselvse they use automated bots this is why most of the time they live clues and some of the information persist or is exactly the same as with previous scam attempts so you can just make a search and analyse what has been done.

•••
Steve Sinofsky

Sarah Ludwig has had a sex change and now goes by the name Steven Sinofsky - a name that of course is known by many people as Bill Gates right hand man. Of course, this is not Sinofsky - it is some guy who has access to computers at Comstar-uts.ru, where the emails are originating. I have emailed the link at the site, alerting them to the fact that deception and spam is originating from within their company. I hope something will happen. I only found this list by copying and pasting a name from within the headers. Once I saw the nearly identical emails from different names, I have to admit I was very disappointed, as he was claiming to buy a domain name from me. THis person is a complete WASTE OF TIME. Included below is the email, with headers. I wonder if he is being paid a finders fee from the domain appraiser. His emails began to sound like pitches.

WHAT's the SCAM?? The person who runs allfordomains.com and greatdomains.com is quite possibly behind this, paying some guy in Russia nickels on the dollar to generate traffic and revenue to his site by having him show interest in a site to domain sellers, then pointing them in the direction of a bogus exchange between people on a domaintalk forum in order to persuade them to do a "trusted" appraisal, perhaps done by the same owner as the domaintalk forum. If you try to find other pages on the domaintalk forum, they don't exist, by the way.

I imagine the sale falls through after the appraisal is done.

Sent : Monday, December 5, 2005 2:36 PM
To : [email protected]
Subject : videocelular.us (sent 12/05/05)

Go to previous message | Go to next message | Delete | Inbox
MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: from tzec.mtu.ru ([195.34.34.228]) by mc1-f13.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Mon, 5 Dec 2005 06:40:00 -0800
Received: from tzec.mtu.ru (localhost [127.0.0.1])by mail.MTU.RU (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8F5FC713B4for <[email protected]>; Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:39:51 +0300 (MSK)(envelope-from [email protected])
Received: from firstbroker (ppp129-120.dialup.mtu-net.ru [62.118.129.120])by smtp.MTU.RU (Postfix) with SMTP id 622A470139for <[email protected]>; Mon, 5 Dec 2005 17:36:03 +0300 (MSK)(envelope-from [email protected])
X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jEWdZyYQZj/uHosD5buW96l3zo0fDoXiQ4=
X-Mailer: NetMasters SMTP Demo
X-Virus-Scanned: ClamAV using ClamSMTP
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 05 Dec 2005 14:40:01.0862 (UTC) FILETIME=[C61EBE60:01C5F9A9]
View E-mail Message Source

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hello,

Are you still interested in selling your domain name? I saw it listed for sale.

Did you get offers from other people?

I need to know your desired price. Please don't ask to make an offer. Just
email the desired price.

I run a software company. We develop client-server systems and databases in
Oracle for a local company. Buying and selling domain names is not my main
business. Just another way to invest money and make additional income.

Best regards,
Steven Sinofsky Ph.D.
President
Back Office Engineering

•••
How about you ask the scammer to get the appraisal themselves?

•••
Why not get appraisal himself?

Good question. By the time you realize in negotiation that the appraisal is a sticking point, and not something that can be batted away through simple logic, you've already wasted your time. If you consider time as money, then harm has been done.

•••
He has a new name now.

Hello,
> >
> > Did you get offers from other people already?
> >
> > What is your price for the domain mentioned in the subject line?
> >
> > I'm very interested in this name.
> >
> > I run a software company. We develop client-server systems and databases
> > in MS SQL and Delphi. Buying and selling domain names is not my main
> > business. Just another way to invest money and make additional income.
> >
> > Looking forward to do business with you.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Paul Hansen Ph.D.
> > CEO
> > Disponent IT Solutions

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back