IT.COM

Polurnet.com A-OK!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ixix

Think for yourselfEstablished Member
Impact
I signed up with polurnet.com reseller hosting last week and i've had nothing but great experiences with them. The customer services is exceptional.

About a week ago, my prior hosting service started to give out on me....as stated in a previous thread. I needed specific requirements and after talking to Anand @ polurnet, I was able to get a reseller package custom fit for my specifications!

I am very impressed and happy! Kuddos to great customer support and quality hosting!

:sold:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Polurnet.com are very good. I can agree with you their! their servers are very fast a support is always their! :) i join you in saying Polurnet.com are A-OK:)

•••
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'ozzy_phpbb1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/ozzy/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/ozzy/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/ozzy/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Happens way too often for my likes. I'm switching. (Plus, I'm not that satisfied about customer support either, but that's a long story :P)

•••
Well it seem that their a problem with the forum software. Remember they can only help you so far as a host. They try to help you if they can but what forum software are you using? Have you edited any of the MySQL code?

•••
ipodman said:
Well it seem that their a problem with the forum software. Remember they can only help you so far as a host. They try to help you if they can but what forum software are you using? Have you edited any of the MySQL code?
It works 50 % of the time. Unmodded PHPBB2. So the problem is on their side.

•••
have you added any mods? Asit tell that their are errors within the code itself

•••
Ozzy said:
It works 50 % of the time. Unmodded PHPBB2. So the problem is on their side.

Unmodded :hehe:

•••
Well, I added a skin. But for some reason I doubt that that's the problem :P.

•••
Ozzy said:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'ozzy_phpbb1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/ozzy/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/ozzy/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/ozzy/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Happens way too often for my likes. I'm switching. (Plus, I'm not that satisfied about customer support either, but that's a long story :P)

If you don't report the problem how can they fix it..?

iNod.

•••
I'm using a reseller account. No dedicated. So others are bound to have the same problem. Plus, my registration period is ending in a few days, so no problem.

•••
Ozzy,
In the best interest of your sites security I would suggest you remove any direct paths listed to your site. You can never be too well protected. Try replacing the paths with a fake path.

John

•••
Firstly, Isis and ipodman, we do appreciate your words, and always strive to exceed customer's expectations. So we'll make sure to keep you happy and enjoying your unique experience with us

Secondly, Ozzy, that error clearly says this:

"Access denied for user 'ozzy_xxxxx'@'localhost'"

That means you are using the wrong username/password combination for your database. That is something you need to repair or reset, if you don't want us to do it (we can if you inform us). No one else "is bound to have the same problem" as you concluded incorrectly, since they have the right username/pwd combination set for their databases. The first error causes the next errors to appear.

Evidently, in order for us to assist you, you will need to contact us to make us aware of any problem(s). Although we try to manage thousands of accounts, by letting us know, we can promptly take care of any issues: that is why our quick response time, support staff is there! Apparently, as you are not asking us anything (no tickets sent, yet we were online on both Live & MSN), so we assume everything is working smoothly.

PS: I did take the opportunity to fix it now, so check your PM

Thanks again to all who chose us over any others, as we both believe you made the right choice :tu:

Last edited:
•••
PolurNET said:
Secondly, Ozzy, that error clearly says this:

"Access denied for user 'ozzy_xxxxx'@'localhost'"

That means you are using the wrong username/password combination for your database. That is something you need to repair or reset, if you don't want us to do it (we can if you inform us). No one else "is bound to have the same problem" as you concluded incorrectly, since they have the right username/pwd combination set for their databases. The first error causes the next errors to appear.

Evidently, in order for us to assist you, you will need to contact us to make us aware of any problem(s). Although we try to manage thousands of accounts, by letting us know, we can promptly take care of any issues: that is why our quick response time, support staff is there! Apparently, as you are not asking us anything (no tickets sent, yet we were online on both Live & MSN), so we assume everything is working smoothly.

PS: I did take the opportunity to fix it now, so check your PM

Thanks again to all who chose us over any others, as we both believe you made the right choice :tu:
If the error is caused by something on my side, I'd like to know how that's possible. Since the error started occuring after I became inactive :P. I do agree I could've contacted the support, but I didn't care that much about wether my site was online or offline at the time being.

•••
You've entered the wrong MySQL database username, password, or database name.

This message :"Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'ozzy_phpbb1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/ozzy/public_html/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 48

phpBB : Critical Error"

Tells me that you wrote the bad MySQL database name.

So thats the only problem there is. :P

As simple as that.

•••
It used to work. Explain that.
(It even was an auto-install, so it can't be wrong ><)

•••
maybe you or your friends played with a file, or cpanel.
Who knows.
All i know is that its a real basic problem and its not server related its the script.

You can't really say a company is bad just for that.
As it can happen with any host.

•••
nomis135 said:
maybe you or your friends played with a file, or cpanel.
Who knows.
All i know is that its a real basic problem and its not server related its the script.

You can't really say a company is bad just for that.
As it can happen with any host.
I'm the only one that has access. No files were changed. And I never said the company was bad. ( I think. ) Just stating that I'm switching :P.

•••
Ozzy said:
I'm the only one that has access. No files were changed. And I never said the company was bad. ( I think. ) Just stating that I'm switching :P.

Well oddly enough, you'd be the first to switch away from us, but I highly doubt you'll be satisfied with anyone else, if you don't even care to contact for support. You'd likely just be a number or domain to the next hosting company if you don't get in touch with them. I've actually fixed it for you, as you see it took us <2 mins :)

Also, your database was completely empty, so I also reinstalled PHPBB for you. Apparently, you deleted a lot more than you think.

There can be several causes for the inappropriate login, but the result is that it can be easily fixed if you let us know

•••
PolurNET said:
Well oddly enough, you'd be the first to switch away from us, but I highly doubt you'll be satisfied with anyone else, if you don't even care to contact for support. You'd likely just be a number or domain to the next hosting company if you don't get in touch with them. I've actually fixed it for you, as you see it took us <2 mins :)

Also, your database was completely empty, so I also reinstalled PHPBB for you. Apparently, you deleted a lot more than you think.

There can be several causes for the inappropriate login, but the result is that it can be easily fixed if you let us know
Last time I tried to contact the support, I had to stay up late several times, due I prefer actual talking to people, calling is not an option for me, and live support seems to be mainly online during hours I'm away. And I don't care if I get treated as a number, as long as shit works :P.

•••
Anyway were getting away from the main topic of this thread.
So i think it might be a good idea to close this thread now.

IMO

•••
Ihave no problems with PolurNet, i mirror the first post entirely!

•••
i'm with polurnet for about 3 months now, and i never had any problems ...
I live in Belgium, europe and i must say that the speed at polurnet is faster then a lot of hosters over here.
even with the time difference there is always someone available if i have a question

so thumbs up for polurnet

•••
Hi,

Does anyone know where Polurnet's servers are located (Data Center)?

Many thanks!

N-

•••
thay are a good host, I got some hosting from a friend, (heh) and its good hosting... just need to put more stuff on it. =/ yes I admit its good hosting and all that, and for the only only to be 20 or 21 years old he is doing a perty good job if I do say so my self.

•••
nnn said:
Hi,

Does anyone know where Polurnet's servers are located (Data Center)?

Many thanks!

N-

Hello,

Most servers are located at SAVVIS in Forth Worth, Texas, but some new servers are at SoftLayer and AboveNet. Thanks for your interest!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back