NameSilo

discuss MediaCloud.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

InterNation

Established Member
Impact
As a new member I'm still learning the rules, so I hope this reply is not a violation.

Just thought I'd share how I was lucky to get in on the action with the top sale reported above.

I didn't win MediaCloud.com, but while everyone's attention and budget was focused on this auction, the .net version quietly slipped by (both .com and .net became available during the same time period).

I was lucky enough to acquire MediaCloud.net due to all the attention being on the .com.
This was a first for me, so I thought it was quite a unique situation.

Does this type of thing actually happen quite often?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fairly often, but that is a particularly strong keyword(s) name with good potential.

Nice catch.

•••
•••
As a new member I'm still learning the rules, so I hope this reply is not a violation.

Just thought I'd share how I was lucky to get in on the action with the top sale reported above.

I didn't win MediaCloud.com, but while everyone's attention and budget was focused on this auction, the .net version quietly slipped by (both .com and .net became available during the same time period).

I was lucky enough to acquire MediaCloud.net due to all the attention being on the .com.
This was a first for me, so I thought it was quite a unique situation.

Does this type of thing actually happen quite often?

This thread was moved from the original sales report comments section, so for the sake of clarity I am adding the relevant detail here:

MediaCloud.com sold on Godaddy Auction for $20,750 on 12 April 2024
(see https://www.namepros.com/threads/mediacloud-com-sold-for-20-750-gbchealth-org-for-16-850.1324282/).

I did not win that auction, but managed to get MediaCloud.net

•••
•••
You've been a member for almost NINE YEARS.

That's right, but if you look at my profile you'll see I never engaged in the community until Q2 of this year, so I am weary of the rules of engagement :xf.wink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back