Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's working great for me. I'm a happy customer.
I'm very happy for you. You probably have a very large portfolio. The more domains, the more they respect you

•••
Is it just me or something is wrong with afternic account/payee(s) config? It shows notice "please setup the payee for domain sales" (naturally, done long time ago), and, even though the payee _exists_, it is impossible to view/edit it [something was wrong, please try again]

•••
@tonyk2000 I can't get rid of these warnings, either. All my payment details are correct in the meantime.

•••
•••
•••
I don't dare touch it, too dangerous
Yeah, indeed :() I tried this time - it does not work. I was paid earlier this week though, so, hopefully, nothing serious...

•••
What if you try to edit the payee? Does it show payment details?

I’ve got the same warning and tried going through the process 3 times before coming to the conclusion the problem is Afternic not me 😂

•••
I’ve got the same warning and tried going through the process 3 times before coming to the conclusion the problem is Afternic not me 😂
+1

Same story with that "Welcome to Afternic Beta Dashboard, See what's new" popup EVERY single time when logging in.

Annoying as *

Afternic Welcome.png

Last edited:
•••
+1

Same story with that "Welcome to Afternic Beta Dashboard, See what's new" popup EVERY single time when logging in.

Annoying as *

Show attachment 256632

Yeah as a web developer it’s worrying they can’t get even these basic functions working properly.

•••
In the Dashboard, Afternic suddenly starts asking to setup a payee account to receive domain sales payments. But I have already specified two payment methods in Settings. What's going on? So many errors everywhere.
@GoDaddy Can you find out what happened with this bug report? As is clear, this continues to be an issue among users. Thanks.

•••
@GoDaddy Can you find out what happened with this bug report? As is clear, this continues to be an issue among users. Thanks.

They are aware of it, they have added it into the to do list, but it is not a priority right now, so don't expect a change in the near future.

PS wow, I would do really great as a GD rep.

•••
@GoDaddy I have been using NS1/NS2, but over the last month I see the message content is blocked in many of my parked names that previously were displaying ads. Why?
Hi @phaethon
Feel free to DM us an example domain name.

Is it just me or something is wrong with afternic account/payee(s) config? It shows notice "please setup the payee for domain sales" (naturally, done long time ago), and, even though the payee _exists_, it is impossible to view/edit it [something was wrong, please try again]
Hi @tonyk2000 (and @Future Sensors)
We'll check on the status of the fixes. Both the pop-up and the payee setup are things that the team are aware of, and are actively working on resolving.

•••
We'll check on the status of the fixes. Both the pop-up and the payee setup are things that the team are aware of, and are actively working on resolving.
Great. Thank you. How about an opportiunity to select the payee after the fast transfer sale occurs? It is something I reported ~1 month ago!

•••
@GoDaddy are payouts running a bit delayed?

Last edited:
•••
A new issue that is really bothering me.

Not sure why having huge staff and all tools needed GD/Afternic cannot get basic stuff right.

If I am adding anything straight from my GD account to Afternic via list for sale, that should be the ultimate verification for the name to get added into my account. To make it bulletproof, I even add the unique NS from my afternic settings and then only list them. And after all that, some names show "pending". So I am thinking, fine it is pending, especially after months where it would just show "list for sale" or old pricing even when the listing was showing within Afternic already.

So, after few days, and all other prices showing normal, but a few stuck at "pending", I understood that this is one of those eternal temporary things. And clicked on pending thinking it will show the some update menu, instead it took me to an afternic listing page (I never knew they existed in the new interface) and ... it is listed by someone else at a price I never use.

here is the example:

https://www.afternic.com/domain/onebyme.com

onebyme.png

I checked inside my afternic and the name is missing there as well.

Now, here is the question for @GoDaddy :

what the heck for you need those verification NS if you going to attribute the name to someone else????

And how do you get something this basic this wrong???

•••
@Recons.Com do you have it listed at dan for $1988?
Or is it listed there via afternic listing?

•••
@Recons.Com do you have it listed at dan for $1988?
Or is it listed there via afternic listing?

Nope, not my listing. I listed it for $2499 and it has been showing "pending" for few days. Apparently, the old listing by the previous owner.

I mean, with any qualified IT staff solving this would be a breeze. As soon as a name sells on GD auctions, send signal to Afternic DB to delist the name completely.

Or

If a name is added straight from GD interface, delist from whoever had it in their account and add for the new owner

Or

if the unique NS is present, delist for the previous owner and add for the new owner...

Incredible that such a simple algorithm is beyond the capabilities of a multi-billion company!

•••

Not sure why having huge staff and all tools needed GD/Afternic cannot get basic stuff right.

If I am adding anything straight from my GD account to Afternic via list for sale, that should be the ultimate verification for the name to get added into my account. To make it bulletproof, I even add the unique NS from my afternic settings and then only list them. And after all that, some names show "pending". So I am thinking, fine it is pending, especially after months where it would just show "list for sale" or old pricing even when the listing was showing within Afternic already.

Dont add it straight from your godaddy a/c via iist for sale .
Just add your afternic verification TXT record to the domain and go direct to your afternic account and list the domain .
if domain previously listed it will be removed automatically and listed in your account then you need to put your price and listing will be active .

•••
Afternic has been unusable on mobile for a few days now. You used to be able to turn phone landscape in order to view columns in the lead center, now the column width has been limited and I can’t see any columns other than the name.

•••
I found decision for eternal pending issue by deleting domain and relisted again at Afternic.

•••

So, after few days, and all other prices showing normal, but a few stuck at "pending", I understood that this is one of those eternal temporary things. And clicked on pending thinking it will show the some update menu, instead it took me to an afternic listing page (I never knew they existed in the new interface) and ... it is listed by someone else at a price I never use.

here is the example:

https://www.afternic.com/domain/onebyme.com

Show attachment 256823

I checked inside my afternic and the name is missing there as well.

Now, here is the question for @GoDaddy :

what the heck for you need those verification NS if you going to attribute the name to someone else????

And how do you get something this basic this wrong???
Hi @Recons.Com
Your Premier Services rep has already reached out to you, but to confirm, we investigated the issue that you shared, and have corrected the problem, which was caused by a unique error that resulted in the domain being stuck in verification.

When listing a domain via List for Sale, we consider this enough for verification since the domain name originates from your GoDaddy account. As we said, this was caused by a unique error in verification that has now been rectified.

Thanks for reporting this.

Afternic has been unusable on mobile for a few days now. You used to be able to turn phone landscape in order to view columns in the lead center, now the column width has been limited and I can’t see any columns other than the name.
Hi @Kyle Tully
Afternic’s team is aware, and is currently investigating the cause. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited:
•••
As we said, this was caused by a unique error in verification that has now been rectified.

Thanks. However, it is far from unique. I have few just from the recent adds. E.g. Pure/record.com still showing the afternic page with the old price and owner, even though it was added from my GD account with the verification NS added beforehand.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back