Dynadot

security 2-factor authentication for Wordpress

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vivaldi

Nothing personalTop Member
Impact
Noticed there are some free plugins offering 2-factor authentication for Wordpress, some small made by individuals and also some made by security companies such as Authy. It sounds great to me but I don't consider myself an expert in this area. After previously experience with similar small security plugins that end up getting the sites hacked I prefer to make sure in advance.

Do anyone of you use 2-factor authentication for Wordpress?
If so what plugin and is it trustworthy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two things on my blogs.
1. my host company
2. using .htaccess to only allow my ip to login.

•••
2. using .htaccess to only allow my ip to login.

That's a great method however my internet provider tend to oddly change my IP now and then.

•••
Hate isp's that do that.
Mine only changes it if I reset the modem.

•••
The "Two Factor Auth" plugin, with a little tweaking, should work like a charm, only heard positive reviews about it.

...or ask your pesky ISP to stop changing your IP ;)

•••
The "Two Factor Auth" plugin, with a little tweaking, should work like a charm, only heard positive reviews about it.

...or ask your pesky ISP to stop changing your IP ;)
Why should I need to tweak it? Like they would care, they do as they please all the time :|

•••
Why should I need to tweak it? Like they would care, they do as they please all the time :|

Meaning that there are a few security options to choose from depending on the optimal configurations you are aiming to achieve. Whether you would be using TOTP or HOTP, the Google Authenticator and so on. Its actually much simpler that it may sound ;)

•••
Thanks for sharing that link about Authy - I never knew there was 2 factor authentication for wordpress.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back