Dynadot

Is Dan.com becoming increasingly complacent ? .....Thrend closed as payment have been received.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Josseymoore

Impact
Hello Guys,

Thanks so much for viewing, so I'll go right into it,

I made two domain name sales on the 29th of April and 3rd of May via Dan marketplace.

Dan claims to have sent me payments for this transaction, they even gave me receipts, but after prolonged wait for the payment to reflect, I had to contact my bank and they told me that there was no such transaction with them and that Dan should seek a reversal. (Within the same period, I've had friends receive payments via the same bank)

The payment window for wire transfer according to my bank is 1-3 working days which it usually never exceeds.

Ive confronted Dan about these issues letting them know they should seek a reversal as directed by my bank so I can get paid through an alternative method but to no avail. They say I should wait till the funds gets reversed to them or till it gets settled in my account.

Who waits 10 days and counting for funds to settle in their account or to get reversed to the originator, who can't Dan can't proactive and assist in the reversal (if at all these funds were sent or to the right account,but it's the right account on my settings and on the receipts). These sales are what keeps us and our belief in domain name sales going.

In this case does Dan expect me to wait a whole month to receive either payment? I've waited enough which is the reason for the trend

Members in the house, if there's a way Dan can get talked to on my behalf to receive my 2 payments ill be eternally grateful. Thanks you'll

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The May 3rd sale is 5 days ago not ten. I don’t know what your friends receiving payments to the same bank has to do with this unless they received payments from DAN.

We don’t work for DAN so I don’t know what you think we can do. They have probably seen every case scenario and sounds like it will resolve on its own. Reversals come with fees and if all info provided by you to them is correct there is no need for them to incur more fees if they sent funds correctly based on info given to them by you.

Depending on your country and bank these kind of transfers can take much longer than your bank suggested because more than one bank is used to get the funds to you if you are not in the US.

Also what alternative payment method are you looking for? Payoneer?

Last edited:
•••
You named Dan but did not name the country you are in and the bank. If Dan says they sent, they sent. And since the account number is correct, the issue is probably with the bank and or country. I hope it works out well for you.

•••
You named Dan but did not name the country you are in and the bank. If Dan says they sent, they sent. And since the account number is correct, the issue is probably with the bank and or country. I hope it works out well for you.
I don't understand what country and bank has to do with this, I already specified I receive all wire payments within 1-3 days as stipulated by my bank.

The real issue being that having presented the receipts from Dan to my bank they assured me no such transaction took place with them.

Dan stubbornly keeps on insisting they have made the payment, and I should let them know when funds have settled in my account.

Im wondering, when is it going to settle when the payments are past it's window and the bank clearly says such transactions are not with them.

If something fishy isn't going on with them, why can't they recall the transaction as suggested by by bank.

•••
The May 3rd sale is 5 days ago not ten. I don’t know what your friends receiving payments to the same bank has to do with this unless they received payments from DAN.

We don’t work for DAN so I don’t know what you think we can do. They have probably seen every case scenario and sounds like it will resolve on its own. Reversals come with fees and if all info provided by you to them is correct there is no need for them to incur more fees if they sent funds correctly based on info given to them by you.

Depending on your country and bank these kind of transfers can take much longer than your bank suggested because more than one bank is used to get the funds to you if you are not in the US.

Exactly they are receiving the payments to the same bank from Dan.

Reversal should be the only way out as suggested by my bank, I cant tell if it was sent correctly or not however my account number has never been changed on their platform and from the receipt, it's correct.

I don't even mind splitting reversal fees with them as long as my funds hit my wallet and the whole issue ends.

I've also used the bank for 1 year and half now and have never experienced payments exceeding the 3 day mark which is the maximum for wire payments. Typically it takes a few hours or minutes for the payment to arrive.

I'll be happy to receive the funds via PayPal, which is instant and hassle free.

•••
I have received DAN payments every month for the past year for domain name installment payments, but they were directly in virtual currency. I also received a payment of $5,900 last month.

•••
Good afternoon. Your payments were either side of quite a major date i.e. 1st May which is Mayday or International Workers' Day. Many countries would have had either bank holidays and/or public holidays during the period between your sales. Therefore, payments may have been affected for other people too for whatever reason.

I would wait a little while longer and then go back to Dan again if it has not been received and see if there is anything further that they can suggest. They should be able to run a trace from their end to clarify that it was correctly paid.

I wish you well with your endeavors.

Kind regards,

Reddstagg

•••
Good afternoon @Josseymoore,
International wire transfers can sometimes take 5-7 business days to settle and, in rare cases, even longer. If the wire transfer fails, it can be reissued once the funds settle in our account again. We appreciate your patience and encourage you to stay in direct contact with our finance team via your transaction window for further updates.

Best regards,
Dan.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back