IT.COM

news NamePros Parking adds Buy Now (and much more)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey, domain sellers! 👋

We have a special surprise for you.

Continuing from last year (and last week), we have some exciting updates to share with you about NamePros Parking!

First, consider this:

You price your domain name at $2,500. For years, hundreds of interested buyers want to buy it, but the price is too high for them. They don't even try to contact you because they don't realize that the price is negotiable or may change. Years later, you decide to lower the price to $995. How many previously-interested buyers would buy it at this lowered price? You’d never know — until now!

With our new Buy Now options, you can finally contact those previous buyers to increase your sales opportunities. 💸

Here’s how:

Our landers require buyers to confirm their email address before they can see the price. Once confirmed, the price is available to them and their email address is available to you. Simple and effective.

1712936633688.png

Now, let’s talk new features!​

• Buy Now: Add a Buy button with a sales price and payment options for buyers to purchase your domains.
    • Escrow.com (Recommended): Starts an Escrow.com transaction for you and allows the buyer to pay immediately.
    • PayPal: Creates a PayPal transaction for the buyer to pay directly to your PayPal account.
    • Email: You and the buyer use email to choose a payment method (e.g., crypto), discuss lease-to-own (LTO) options, etc.
  • Location: Country, region (e.g., state or province), and locality (e.g., city, town, or village) of your inquirers to help you understand where they are located, the best time to contact them, etc.
  • Bulk Management: Set options on multiple domains at the same time: prices, payment methods, appearance, etc.
  • Exports: Download your inquiries, including buyers’ email addresses, offers, etc. (CSV format.)
  • Domain Verification: Verify your domains by using any of these methods: name servers (NS), CNAME, or TXT records.
  • Supersonic Speed Boost: Our landers already loaded blazingly fast, but now they’re even faster — a powerful increase in performance!
    • For techies: Go, Redis, and Elastic (previously only: PHP and MySQL)

Wait, there’s more!

Tell us the features that you want for NamePros Parking because we’re adding new features all month!

Features coming soon:​

• Payment Plans: Payment buttons for lease-to-own (LTO) and renting, e.g., “$995/mo for 8 months”
  • ✅ Minimum Offers: Save time by specifying a minimum offer amount to set buyers’ expectations.
  • Portfolio Website: A sharable storefront of the domains in your account with search and filters.
  • Traffic: The number of visitors to parked domains, optionally displayed on your landing pages.
  • ✅ Remove NamePros Branding: An option to remove unnecessary mentions of NamePros from parked pages.
  • ✅ More Landers: Choose from multiple landing pages for various purposes, such as a new Buy Now Optimized lander.
  • File Imports: Add domains to your account and set their prices by uploading spreadsheet files (e.g., .CSV).

PRO TIP: There is a common misconception about how many domain sales happen because of marketplaces. In reality, many sales would still happen (and do happen) without the help of a marketplace, so NamePros is providing a free solution to sell domains and you keep 100% of your profit.

Our for-sale parking service is 100% free:​

• No upfront fees
  • No monthly fees
  • No commission (0%)
  • No upgraded account necessary
  • 100% of your sales belong to you!

How does all that sound?

Visit namepros.com/parking to get started! 🎉

Tip: Quickly access your parking dashboard using the "Sell" dropdown menu at the top.

Questions? Ask below, or check out our Help Guide for NamePros Parking.

P.S. Our announcement last week was not a prank. Spatial Scrolling™ is real, courtesy of NamePros innovation! 🤯

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@korganian Are you really saying that domain ownership transfers immediately and that NamePros should provide some kind of financing services?

•••
@korganian Are you really saying that domain ownership transfers immediately and that NamePros should provide some kind of financing services?
Not at all. I am simply saying that most people finance the purchase of their vehicle for several years and they feel like they own it because they have the ability to sell it anytime and pay off the loan balance out of the sale proceeds. The purchase of domain names should also be just like the purchase of a car. The buyer gets to use the domain name just like the purchaser of a car does. Who the heck wants to develop a website and business on a domain that they have no equity in or control over the future purchase price of it?

I have both leased domains and sold domains on payment plans. The only ones out of the two groups to actually keep the domains have been those who bought their names on payment plans. We need to provide value and guarantees, while also satisfying the budgetary needs of those who want our domains.

All my customers trusted me to transfer ownership after the completion of their payments. It would be even better if a reputable company would step forward with a long term loan option on lower priced sales like $2,000 to fill the actually needs of the masses and greatly boost the trade of domain names. It would be like Escrow.com but much more flexible. I just tried to set up a $2,000 payment plan at Escrow.com and they only offer a five year payment plan that gave me no interest on my money, but inflated the price from $2,000 to $3,565, with Escrow.com pocketing the entire extra $1,565. That really sucks! We need a much better option!

•••
The answer as I see it is to be able to say to the low offers that they can own the domain with a payment plan within their offer range. Let's say that they offer $50. Instead of trying to tell them I want $2,000, which they can't afford to pay, they would get the congratulatory message that the domain is easily affordable for them to own well within their budget at only $28.69 per month. This price reflects a $2,000 sales price financed at 12% interest over 10 years. The total income for me will end up being $3,443 over that 10 year period.
Smart.

This is much better than trying to promote "renting" or "leasing" domains, which sound like a waste of money because they don't own anything even at the end of the agreement. This will provide immediate gratification and the comfort of actual ownership with resale rights. This will allow anyone to build a successful business on a domain and be able to sell the domain with their business and be guaranteed the payoff amount will not increase, regardless of how valuable the domain has become due to their business success with that name.

I truly believe this could be a game changer if implemented correctly!
Agreed.

Our lease-to-own (LTO) option is almost complete.

All my customers trusted me to transfer ownership after the completion of their payments. It would be even better if a reputable company would step forward with a long term loan option on lower priced sales like $2,000 to fill the actually needs of the masses and greatly boost the trade of domain names. It would be like Escrow.com but much more flexible. I just tried to set up a $2,000 payment plan at Escrow.com and they only offer a five year payment plan that gave me no interest on my money, but inflated the price from $2,000 to $3,565, with Escrow.com pocketing the entire extra $1,565. That really sucks! We need a much better option!
With our upcoming lease-to-own option, you can offer your buyers multiple options:
  1. Escrow.com
  2. PayPal
  3. Email
With option 3, you could manually use a different escrow provider for the LTO, such as EscrowDomains.com until they create an API for us to integrate with them directly. Perhaps @equity78 could follow-up with them on the status of that and their progress.

The benefit of option 3 is that they've already agreed to your payment terms, including the monthly payment and number of months, and then you just manually create the transaction using the service you want.

like Escrow.com but much more flexible. I just tried to set up a $2,000 payment plan at Escrow.com and they only offer a five year payment plan that gave me no interest on my money
With Escrow.com's Domain Name Holding, you can create a transaction in just about any way imaginable, but you have to contact their customer support to do it if it's outside the standard options. Our LTO integration with Escrow.com will offer a little more flexibility because we can create the transaction through their API instead of through their web interface.

We hope that helps.

•••
•••
I've seen several mentions of the importance of removing old inactive domain listings but I don't see a way to do that. How do we delete a listing?
There is a remove button next to each domain name in your parking account.

Our system also consistently validates parked domains. Domains that no longer contain our verification records are automatically marked as unverified and do not show as for sale anymore until they're verified again.

We hope that helps.

•••
There is a remove button next to each domain name in your parking account.

Our system also consistently validates parked domains. Domains that no longer contain our verification records are automatically marked as unverified and do not show as for sale anymore until they're verified again.

We hope that helps.
I mean the marketplace wholesale listings, not the parking pages.

•••
I mean the marketplace wholesale listings, not the parking pages.
This thread is about NamePros Parking.

Please create a new thread for the marketplace.

•••
This thread is about NamePros Parking.

Please create a new thread for the marketplace.
I was responding to your mention, in this thread, saying that we should remove old marketplace listings so they don't confuse parking visitors.

Last edited:
•••
  1. Escrow.com
  2. PayPal
  3. Email
So, how goes the possibility of adding checkout link thru Afternic?

FYI to all: I've gotten my second inquiry/offer thru NP's. The first was sent 3 emails, the last containing pricing and checkout link. I've received 0 responses.

I decided to handle the second one differently and sent them a well worded 'hello' email and let them know the min offer they met was to eliminate those not sincerely interested in the name (name has retail value of 8K+ and they made min offer of 500). They have yet to respond.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back