IT.COM

new gtlds 16 new TLDs will get price increases of up to 3,000%

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Schilling explains why he decided to increase prices on some of Uniregistry’s TLDs.

http://domainnamewire.com/2017/03/13/frank-schilling-explains-price-hike-dnw-podcast-127

to sum it up:

Frank is frank and no shilling but he isn't Santa either despite owning .christmas
Running a registry is not just a .game
He is in for the money and can't give you a free .gift
So do not expect any .help from him unless you pay him $30/year for it.

•••
Schilling explains why he decided to increase prices on some of Uniregistry’s TLDs.

http://domainnamewire.com/2017/03/13/frank-schilling-explains-price-hike-dnw-podcast-127

to sum it up:

Frank is frank and no shilling but he isn't Santa either despite owning .christmas
Running a registry is not just a .game
He is in for the money and can't give you a free .gift
So do not expect any .help from him unless you pay him $30/year for it.

Ill buy .Grinch and trade him for
.Christmas seems to fit him more.

•••
buy .grinch and steal .christmas

•••
Last edited:
•••
I can see GD doing that George.
Registrants probably think it is GD that is increasing the prices so it looks like they are gouging when in fact it is Uni. I really think this is a bad practice by Uni. Doubt they will rethink it though.

I have moved most of my names to NameSilo but after all the positive about Uni I was thinking about moving domains to them and get regular emails (and the odd phone call as well) from an account manager asking me to call them.

This practice makes me very nervous and I will take a wait and see I think.

•••
I only have .Cam at uniregistry and these dont seem to be included in the hike from what i can see

•••
•••
Just got an email from Uni regarding the price hikes. It says:

'From September 8, 2017 at 00:00:00 UTC, the registry of the below TLD(s) will be increasing the wholesale cost. As the registrar, we will be respectively increasing our pricing on the same day as shown below.'

Made me smile.

•••
They are helping us kill those tld's and save our money and .COM.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back